Estes Motors: Nozzle Diameter and Plug Diameter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

I am just doing it to test my ability to design it. It is a learning exercise. No want to market them.

Everyone has to spaz out when you come up with an idea. Too many negative nancies on this forum.

No worries, Chuck.
Just brainstorming to come up with something that will benefit the entire community,
One plug that will replace seven would be a boon.
Nothing negative about that.

Guys,

I am just doing it to test my ability to design it. It is a learning exercise. No want to market them.

Everyone has to spaz out when you come up with an idea. Too many negative nancies on this forum.
Sorry, just joking around. I think we had an informative discussion about the different sizes but not much about 3D printing. My son just set up his own 3D printing station. Time to start cruising the internets for NC files to send him.

Not sure where the negativity was. Kuririn asked for royalties for a marketable product but I doubt anyone would have taken him seriously. You asked a technical question, got your answer and then discussion continued about options and possibilities outside of your original question. Are we not allowed to continue a discussion once it's past its original purpose? If so, there are a LOT of threads that need to be locked down.

Sorry, just joking around. I think we had an informative discussion about the different sizes but not much about 3D printing. My son just set up his own 3D printing station. Time to start cruising the internets for NC files to send him.

I could have interpreted the posts on the first page. I am very tired. I worked 72 hours straight to get Friday off.

Thanks guys.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm going to be. That information is on the instructions in with every pack and box of Estes motors. This is the most recent version:

View attachment 470795

As @kuririn noted, the chart he linked to doesn't have the E12s, the 29mm motors (E16/F15) or the C5s.

I cut these out of the motor instructions and tape them to the inside of several different boxes (and to the outside of a pill bottle I put plugs in) that I take to the field.
Wow. Who knew, but then, I haven't read the instructions from an Estes BP motor package in over 50 years...

I could have interpreted the posts on the first page. I am very tired. I worked 72 hours straight to get Friday off.

Thanks guys.
Chuck, that's crazy. I just read something about how some kids died after doing video games for 4-5 days straight, which is a lot easier than what you do. Your brain needs sleep to clear out the waste product from all that thinking. Dolphins sleep a half-brain at a time. Even sharks sleep. Without sleep the brain literally dies from the toxic waste that builds up.

No worries, Chuck.
Just brainstorming to come up with something that will benefit the entire community,
One plug that will replace seven would be a boon.
Nothing negative about that.
Exactly, and make sure they are bio-degradable, readily available, and very cheap!

Might someone be willing to measure the nozzle throat diameters for the 17 individual motor types?

IMG_4689.jpg

Back