Estes Mongoose

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
I placed an order for this kit back in the Spring of 2008 through Tower Hobbies.

I had forgot about it until I received an e-mail telling me the kit had shipped.

Here's some pictures...

Estes Mongoose Front.jpg

Estes Mongoose Back.jpg

It's better if you pick up more than one. :) If you fly it in the 2-stage configuration, as intended, they are Very easy to lose.

That is the second release of the Mongoose? The orignial mongoose was the rerelease of the Estes scorpion, which was my first multistage rocket. The stage assembly is a little different between the Scorpion and the moongoose, where the booster body tube has no protection between the top centering ring and the "support ring" on the inside top edge. For my second mongoose I built I extended the booster motor tube the whole length, and had a centering ring flush with the top of the booster tube. Next one I will build, I will probabily use a tube coupler if possible.

Good to hear Penrose has finally released something new-ish. Maybe the Super Neon XL and Renegade D aren't far behind.

Back