Biggest thing on reading reviews of this is paint, particularly for the foam sections.
first is that the foam dissolves if you don't use special paint. They tell you what primer to use, in the instructions it says Testor's Model Master 2937 grey or 2948 white.
second is that foam is, well, foam, it has a bunch of dings in it, it doesn't look like it would hold up well, it is not very smooth, you can't sand it. I mean, it's FOAM!
I don't have the patience to develop the skills of Der MicroMeister and Hornet Driver and a bunch of other Craftsman on this forum, but I did want this to look good, since it was a kit.
Anyway, I tried my Mylar tape for the foam black sections, and I think it came out well. Have to see how it does with the weight come flight time.
The first pic shows the bottom foam section after I taped it (forgot to get a PRE pic here.) Next pic shows the two of the THREE sustainer sections (for those not familiar with this rocket, it has a single engine booster sections with a plastic duct system that routes the ejection GASES to three separate sustainers. The stick in the middle is sort of like a launch rod/guide for the sustainers to keep them aligned on boost.) anyway, second pic shows one of the foam pieces naked and another one taped.
Later pic shows the Sharpie marker which is used to touch up any areas I missed with the tape.
Using tape (basically similar I guess to trim Monocote), the DISadvantage is that if you are also going to do any painting, you have to do it to each part before you attach it. Pic 6 shows how I painted the rear ends of the body tubes of the sustainers before attaching them.