Estes Mini Max

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosterdude

Reaction score
Just a quick review of the new Estes Mini Max kit. I was impressed by the excellent quality of the kit. The balsa nose cone was perfect and a very welcomed addition to these new line of kits. The fins were laser cut out of hard balsa that should hold up very well. The instructions are very well written and should make the kit easy to complete by a beginner.

I added some fillets, and filled the spirals/wood grain. I finished the Mini Max with the old Krylon which turned out looking really good. The decals Estes provided worked without issue. This is a good sign considering the poor quality decals of some of Estes recent kit releases.

The completed rocket ready to fly weighs .80 oz, the advertised weight is 1.3. I replaced the provided streamer with a small 8" chute. I'm looking forward to a few flights this week, but with a A10-3T this should be a fun rocket.

DSC00175.jpg

This pic shows the Red Max, Mini Max, and the MMX Max.

DSC00177.jpg

Nice. i've always wanted a max, but never got around to getting one. I might buy one of the new 13mm kits. You did a nice job:clap:

Once again regardless of the kit quality, your finishing skills create a thing of beauty!

Malcolm Smith
L 2

Back