• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found ESTES METEOR # 1370

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try printing from the .pdf file (page 6) instead of the .tif file. I think that would be more accurate. Ideally there should be an inch scale with all templates and decals, but that is not always the case.
EDIT: I'm sure that if you ask for the length of the root edge, some forum user who has that kit could give it to you. Not necessary to buy a whole kit. Then you can up or down scale the template to the correct size on your scanner/printer.

Last edited:
I imported it into a graphics program and measured the root edge, which measured 37mm. I also printed it and it measures 37mm.

First, I assume you have a PDF reader loaded on your computer, like Adobe Reader. If not, you can download it for free. Google or Bing for link.
Open the link in tsai's post above, and click on the first page of the instructions on the upper left of the page. It will open in your reader. For Adobe Reader,click anywhere on the page and a pop-up menu will appear, arrow down to page six and click the printer icon. On the pop-up printer menu click current page for just the template or all for the printout of the whole plan. As bibbster said, the printout of the template's root edge should be 37mm. Good luck!.

Yea I dont know how to get it put on adobe reader. when i open it and print it the root edge is like 60mm guess i will continue looking for an old kit.

Yea I dont know how to get it put on adobe reader. when i open it and print it the root edge is like 60mm guess i will continue looking for an old kit.
Alternate method:
I assume your printer has a scanning function? Most all do these days, even the entry level ones. Just downsize your printout using the scanner. Example, if your printout is 60mm and you want the root edge to be 37mm, you would downsize the scan to 37/60 or approx. 62%. Then print, trace, and cut. Easy peasy.

Last edited:
Back