Estes - Metalizer (#2168) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montaro

Reaction score
Hello This week i bought the E2X Estes - Metalizer for my little boy, very easy to assemble, you just need a Plastic Cement and look great , i love it.

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited by a moderator:
My son's Metalizer had the body tube wrap start to peel off before we ever got a chance to launch it. I tried to get it stuck back down with some glue, but after the first launch it was peeling up again. I carefully peeled it off, and took a few spots of the paper body tube with it. A little primer and sanding to get smooth finish to the tube, then painted it with Krylon "Chrome" spray paint. let that dry then added a few coats of blue X Metal paint resulted in a cool looking version of the Metalizer.

(The nose cone is a bit crooked in the pic, just noticed that as I was posting. It must have tilted a bit when I laid it down to take the picture)

Post copied to gallery with permission

Attachments

• Ben's Metalizer.jpg
    Ben's Metalizer.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Metalizer (#2168) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Metalizer (#2168) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Metalizer: #2168

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Metalizer (#2168) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Metalizer Also known as:

NUMBER: #2168

Introduced: 2007
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 22.5 in. (57.2 cm)
Diameter: 1.35 in. (34 mm)
Span:
Weight: 2.4 oz. (68 g)

Mfg. Description: You'll need protection from UV rays when the Metalizer streaks upward! If you want a rocket that's easy to spot while streaking skyward, the Metalizer is the one for you.

This Estes E2X - Easy to Assemble kit has just a few easy parts to glue together.

You'll be on the flying field in about an hour. The super cool, chrome looking body tube is matched up with a radically shaped, chromed fin set and super slick nose cone to create the ultimate silver bullet! It makes a smooth landing with its bright-colored 12 inch preassembled parachute. Bring your shades because you're going to need them when launching the Metalizer! (Estes 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-metalizer%202168-2007%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2007 Catalog
estes-metalizer%202168-2008%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2008 Catalog
estes-metalizer%202168-2010%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2010 Catalog

estes-metalizer%202168-2012%20web%20livery.jpg
Estes 2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

estes-metalizer%202168-facecard.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-metalizer%202168-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
image-frw-quasar-xljpg-900-600-095319104829694.jpg

I turned my Metalizer into a Quasar upscale, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

Back