Estes Mercury Atlas Fin Alternative Ideas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The BA TTW fin solution can be upscaled easily.
The good thing is that it leaves the booster tubes free for clustering, unlike the original Estes and Dr. Zooch models.
Cutting the fairings and corrugations should be no problem for someone as experienced as Nawlins.
It was Frank’s suggestion to cut the slots, I was just dumb enough to not know any better!

Well, I hope they re-issue it.
When I inquired about the availability of parts to clone it Customer Service said "You may want to hold off on that ". Implying that a kit was coming in a short while. That was 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe longer.

Well, I hope they re-issue it.
When I inquired about the availability of parts to clone it Customer Service said "You may want to hold off on that ". Implying that a kit was coming in a short while. That was 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe longer.

Tic Tic Tic Tic Tic.
No hurry then as I'll be flying over Hawaii tomorrow on my way to Australia. But when I get back I'd buy one if they are available then.:headspinning:

Has anyone heard just exactly when this kit will be re-released, please? I missed getting it the first time. Thanks in advance and... cheefs
John Langford mentioned it at the vNarcon, but did not give a release date.

Back