• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Mega Der Red Max

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonimus

Reaction score
So, I screwed up and wrecked my MDRM (forgot to arm my JLCR). I'm looking for a new one and my local store doesn't have anymore. If anyone has one, un-assembled, I'm in need. I don't care if the bag is open. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: One found me!

Last edited:
I have one that I fly and I had planned on building another one, but now that they are discontinued, I think I will retire the one I have. Kind of sad because I always enjoyed watching them fly.

I would like to build one just need to find a cone that will fit loc tube and look right

Find a 5:1 Ogive NC w/ removable tip. Replace removable tip w/ appropriate roundover such that your NC is approx. 4.5:1. Should be almost exactly right.

It's a little pricey, but you can do a 5:1 ogive fiberglass cone with the aluminum tip. Round the tip and it's a very close approximation. That's how I plan on doing my upscale.

Yes I look at the specials estes runs . Means there not making it any more . 24mm mount or 29mm I buy four and they go up on a shelf . Remember the mega mosquito at 5.00 a piece. I got 6 of them and still have four some where . The going rate for them now is about 40-50 wow that is crazy

Yes I look at the specials estes runs . Means there not making it any more . 24mm mount or 29mm I buy four and they go up on a shelf . Remember the mega mosquito at 5.00 a piece. I got 6 of them and still have four some where . The going rate for them now is about 40-50 wow that is crazy

Same is true for Hobbylinc. I got my MDRM in March for a little over $50. Then they were gone. They came back in stock once, as I recall. Might be worth a look.

Have the Estes Partizon & Leviathan been discontinued? I own a Partizon and I have wanted a Leviathan but can't find one anywhere.
Thanks,

AMW didn't have any MDRMs. I just got off the phone with Gloria. There was a system error and she was confused as ALL of her orders this morning were for MDRMs. We got a good laugh out of it. She'll be calling everyone who placed an order. She's refunding my order.

That being said, I still need one!

AMW didn't have any MDRMs. I just got off the phone with Gloria. There was a system error and she was confused as ALL of her orders this morning were for MDRMs. We got a good laugh out of it. She'll be calling everyone who placed an order. She's refunding my order.

That being said, I still need one!

I got the same phone call.

Have the Estes Partizon & Leviathan been discontinued? I own a Partizon and I have wanted a Leviathan but can't find one anywhere.
Thanks,

Cheapest way to get a Leviathon is to buy a Scion from the Estes website and cut the finslots (airframe for Scion is not preslotted) for 4 instead of 3, turn the fins around, and not use the payload bay.

at this point... who knows...

everyone has 1 or 2, then they call and say they don't... I'll bet a few head to fleabay soon...

That's why I miss the brick and mortar and estes of old!

fm

Back