Estes Maverick (1904)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back_at_it

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Rescued mine from a seller that was done with rockets. Bought a collection of misc. parts in a box and started piecing thing back together. This one was pretty complete so it was really a matter of taking apart the poor construction and putting it back together correctly.

Pic 1 - What I started with. Looks better than it is. Fins are at odd angles and there is a hole in the back side of the tube.
Pic 2 - Disassembled and ready to go back together. Was able to save everything but the body tube.
Pic 3 - Back together. ready for finishing.
Pic 4 - Painted and ready for vinyl.
Pic 5 - Finished ready to fly again.

Attachments

• Mav1.jpg
    Mav1.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 21
  • mav3.jpg
    mav3.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Mav5.jpg
    Mav5.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Maverick painted no decals.jpg
    Maverick painted no decals.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Maverick final.jpg
    Maverick final.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Looks good! Did you cut the vinyl yourself?

I've got a box of rockets that I rescued from someone. I got them back into flying condition by replacing shock cords and lost fins, but never bothered refinishing them. I figure they are kind of my disposable rockets, if they don't come back I won't worry about it.

cheers - mark

Looks good! Did you cut the vinyl yourself?

I've got a box of rockets that I rescued from someone. I got them back into flying condition by replacing shock cords and lost fins, but never bothered refinishing them. I figure they are kind of my disposable rockets, if they don't come back I won't worry about it.

cheers - mark

Yes. About a year ago I bought a Cricut cutter and have been learning how to recreate decals in vinyl and making changes to designs I didn’t care for.

getting pretty good but still have a long way to go. Still rely on mark at sticker shock for the complicated designs.

Latest posts

Back