Estes-Mars Snooper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BSNW

Reaction score
I thought what the hey.....I will post the "just completed photos" of my "Super Snooper". This was a fun build. So many possibilities with this one. I know I suck at taking photos. Actually, my wife got this for me for Christmas last year!

I know I deviated greatly from the card art, oh well. I just didn't want to do the bottom all black like that. I wanted to bottom detail to pop a little. Anyway, I would totally recommend getting this kit.

Has anyone launched this kit on an E12, or the F12? If so let me know. Seems like those motors would also be good for this kit as well.

Merry Christmas-

snooper1.jpg

snooper2.jpg

snooper3.jpg

snooper4.jpg

snooper5.jpg

Very nice! Love the detail on the tail section,

Thank you for your kind comment.

I really tried to do something different with the tail portion. All the fine bands are actually vinyl pin stripping. I inherited a bunch of it from my friend. The roll has different widths down to the tiny, what seems to be 1mm width! I hope one can still purchase it as I have not looked. It is self adhesive and really holds up. It is really handy for model rockets.

Also, after my initial post, I just thought it looked "not done" until I painted the very bottom black to tie in the "stripes" on the tail portion. Photo is below.

I really want to try an E12. But alas after burning literally hundreds of them without issue, I finally got burned last summer with two massive CATOS. Now, like everyone else I am a bit nervous to put one in this rocket. The F12 is a soft motor that does not have a bad rep for blowing up. I may try that one. OKAY, it is finally done!

snooper 6.jpg

Latest posts

Back