Estes Mammoth Mod - TRS, Cable Cutter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhkaiser

Reaction score
Background: I have been flying rockets for a little less than a year, mostly Estes LPR. In the last few months I have flown two of the Estes E2X builds, the Ascender and the Mammoth, both on BP F15 motors, a few times with the F15 Booster. Only flown one composite, a F26J-6 on the Ascender.

My friend and I are collaborating on a delayed deploy, GPS tracked, modified Estes Mammoth, he the electronics and bay, me the rocket, motors and OR file.

I found an old Ascender OR file and deleted the rocket and have built the modified Mammoth in OR, learning the software along the way. Only the motors available on the old Ascender file are included in the file.

I attach the OR file and ask for any suggestions for improvement. We are very close to assembly with the TRS + bay completed along with the lower body tube. The upper body tube has been cut and is under construction. I am aware the stability is on the high side and so we plan launches in light winds only.

The electronics are the Eggtimer TRS and we plan a Cable Cutter for the delay. Suggestions on the rocket design and the use of the software would be most appreciated.

Thanks Dan

View attachment Mammoth-TRS-Cable Cutter-04-27-15.ork

Back