Estes - Majestic PS II #9707

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Back_at_it

Reaction score
Here is my Majestic. Built using BSI epoxy. Replaced stock shock cord with 3/8 Kevlar. Otherwise completely stock.

Has flown on everything from a D12-3 to an F67-9. Seems really happy on the F44-8. Has flown on the F44 about 10 times.
54.jpg

dhbarr

Amateur Professional
Reaction score
Just check your loaded CG -- I've seen three do backflips on the recommended motor. Great flyer otherwise though.

Back_at_it

Reaction score
Just check your loaded CG -- I've seen three do backflips on the recommended motor. Great flyer otherwise though.
Agreed. I had a squirrely flight with an F15 motor early on and determined that the issue was with the weight of the recovery gear moving around inside the tube. Basically that heavy shock cords and parachute was sliding all the way back during launch and messing with the CG. I yanked all that mess out of there and added a baffle about 8 inches down the tube to prevent everything from moving rearward. Also replaced that ridiculous shock cord with 1000# Kevlar and 3/8" Elastic cord. Cut the weight of that recovery gear by 70%.

With the added weight of the baffle and the laundry staying where it belongs, I've had no additional issues regardless of the motor I shove in there. Very happy rocket on an F44-8 as long as you have the room to recover it.

Last edited: