Estes Longship decal scans?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill S

Reaction score
I've got an Estes Longship that has suffered numerous crashes, culminating with having to replace the front half of the body tube. I didn't scan the decal so that I might print replacements as needed. I wasn't able to find any online, so I have to ask if anyone here happens to have a scan or can scan them for me? It looks pretty goofy not having any decals on the front half of the body tube. :(

Thanks

sorry took me a few days to reply but here's a pdf scan

Attachments

• Mars Longship - Decals.pdf
    828.6 KB · Views: 2
Thanks. I found someone who removed the problematic blue background - not good to print out and try to put on the rocket. My only issue now is that Inkscape can't select decals within the .pdf/file - apparently another type of program is needed to do that, which I am not going to mess with.

Haven't decaled this one yet let me see if I can find them and do a png format scan might play with inkscape better and easier to remove blue

From my casual research, the problem is that most programs produce a "raster" image, which Inkscape can't handle. I found some websites with kludgy ways of selecting just a section of the image, but I haven't gotten it to work yet.

I think in the past people have had success emailing Estes and asking for new decal sheets. If you send them a pic of the rocket in it's current state as a "proof of purchase" they may be willing to help. Another option would be to create a job on fiverr and ask them to redraw the decals you need as vectors. The ones in the front part of the tube are fairly basic.

Back