Estes. Little Joe II. Quality control. etc

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericclinedinst

Reaction score
So. I received my Little Joe II today. I am wondering if anyone else had the capsule jammed/wedged half way up their main body tube like I did?

I've been noticing a lot these past few months that this is their go to method of sending kits out now. With the cones jammed into the body tubes generally stretching/splitting the tubes or damaging something else in the process. It's getting REALLY frustrating.

My favorite is when they put the nose cone in the end of a slotted tube. Like how does anyone justify that making sense?

Before anyone posts 'did you contact them they'll gladly replace it... blah blah blah blah....' Yes. I know they'll gladly replace it. I know that they'll make it good. The point is I shouldn't have to wait AGAIN to be able to build a kit that I waited weeks on a preorder for. Then a week to get to me. Etc etc. I think it's a reasonable expectation to get a product in good condition the FIRST TIME. Especially where common sense is involved. ESTES. STOP PUTTING NOSE CONES IN THE ENDS OF THE TUBES!!!

So. I received my Little Joe II today. I am wondering if anyone else had the capsule jammed/wedged half way up their main body tube like I did?

Over the years I've known plenty of people with their capsule jammed halfway up their main body tube. As far as I know I've avoided that, though others may disagree.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Over the years I've known plenty of people with their capsule jammed halfway up their main body tube. As far as I know I've avoided that, though others may disagree.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

You're a really cool guy. Idiot

It's not really funny when you buy somewhere between $750-$1000 worth of a companies product since October and receive 2/3 or more of it in unusable condition.

My poor attempt at humor: "They must have cut back on beatings at the Guangzhou kit assembly plant !"

Venting is healthy and a common use for this forum. Your complaint is duly noted. Do I have to add that only Estes Customer Service can do anything about this ?

It's not really funny when you buy somewhere between $750-$1000 worth of a companies product since October and receive 2/3 or more of it in unusable condition.
And it's not really Neil's fault either. Calling people names won't help get you any sympathy. Just sayin.

You are one unlucky guy. I have spent somewhat less than that on Estes kits and have gotten everything in perfect condition.

My LJII kit had the capsule in the tube in reverse, but absolutely zero damage.

By the way, I reported your name calling post. Zero need for that in here and the person you insulted was simply trying to bring a little levity to the thread.

You have 2, and only 2 choices.

1.) Deal with customer services and they will take care of you, or

2.) Don't buy anything more from them.

If you will note, calling someone an idiot is not an option.

Bob Krech, TRF Administrator

Thread Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back