Estes - Leviathan (#9700) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slightly off topic but Leviathan related.

I'm finishing up a build on an Estes Leviathan and seem to have lost the Green Spacer Ring that sits on the outside top of the 29mm motor tube. The Estes part # is 031360, but that's the same part number as the 29mm motor mount tube.

My questions are these:

1. does anyone know the correct part number for that part? I can't find it on the Estes website or...
2. do I really need it? I don't understand its function other than to show proper spacing for the centering rings.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Slightly off topic but Leviathan related.

I'm finishing up a build on an Estes Leviathan and seem to have lost the Green Spacer Ring that sits on the outside top of the 29mm motor tube. The Estes part # is 031360, but that's the same part number as the 29mm motor mount tube.

My questions are these:

1. does anyone know the correct part number for that part? I can't find it on the Estes website or...
2. do I really need it? I don't understand its function other than to show proper spacing for the centering rings.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
You don't need it. Gluing the ring there will strengthen the end of the stuffer tube, but not needed, IMHO.

Leviathan with detachable 808 camera shroud and avionics pod.
Attached with Velcro. Very strong, it takes quite a bit of effort to pull them off.
Pod is sized for an Estes altimeter. BT-20 is too small, so it's a BT-30 (or was it BT-40)?
Basically a tube and two nose cones, sampling holes drilled in the middle.
0210201330.jpg 0210201332.jpg 0210201342.jpg 0210201343.jpg

Here is a (grossly oversized) picture of my Pro Series II nose bays.

The ring is sized to fit behind the shoulder (there's a ridge it fits behind) and fixed with epoxy (make sure to scuff the interior of the plastic significantly)
Metal threaded inserts (t-nuts or well nuts) go in the ring, and the bulkhead with eyebolt gets bolted down.

img_20170107_204755266-jpg.308839
This is exactly what I want to do but I can't find the rings anywhere. Where did you get the rings Nytrunner.??

I finished my Leviathan a few nights ago. I changed the color around 2 or 3 times.

Attachments

• IMG_6072.JPG
    IMG_6072.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6122.JPG
    IMG_6122.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 12
Back