Estes into custom

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phaar

Reaction score
I was just wondering if there was anyway to make 2 estes electron beam controllers into one bigger controller that I can have multiple pads hooked up to. I had 2 laying around the house that I don't use anymore. Has anyone ever seen or heard anything like this? If so, how would I go about that.

Sure,

You can take out the battery holder, and change it to clips for a 12V battery, remove the continuity lamp and replace it with a 12V lamp, Remove the wire and replace it with a heavier wire, and you might have to replace the switch and saftey key...

In other words, you would end up replacing everything in the controller to make it heavy duty, so why bother?

Check other threads in here, there is one that uses the Electron Beam controller to control a relay controller, and there are lots of other ideas.

Good luck, and by the way, those electron beam controllers are great to give away to kids getting started in rocketry.

Goose

I would give them to kids but I kind of already tore them apart to see how they worked.:rolleyes:

with battery clips to use with my 18v black & Decker cordless drill battery. the original bulb works fine with the increased voltage; mine is nearly 30 years old!

with 18v, the bulb is easy to see even in direct sunlight!!!!
:D

technically speaking, maybe...

but this one from the '70s looks suspiciously similar to what is called the e-beam of today...

looks like they changed the color of the plastic and some of the detailing is all, "...a rose by another name..."

thanks for setting me straight!
;)

I thought the blue one was the "upscale" variant made a bit beefier for and marketed for launching E motors,

A

Originally posted by Goose_in_CO
Sure,

You can take out the battery holder, and change it to clips for a 12V battery, remove the continuity lamp and replace it with a 12V lamp, Remove the wire and replace it with a heavier wire, and you might have to replace the switch and saftey key...

In other words, you would end up replacing everything in the controller to make it heavy duty, so why bother?

That sounds an awful lot like most of HPR.

I did precisely what you said, because I could. I've aslo got a automated 5 second countdown controller, but I still like to push the button.

Two of them? Beef them both up for more power and duct tape them together.

This has sounded so complicated that I just went to radio shack and I bout 2 LEDs, a buzzer, 2 push buttons, a switch, and a project box. Thanks for all the advice though.

Back