Estes Interceptor re-release

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbofireball

Model Rocket Fanatic
Reaction score
My local hobby shop showed me this info today regarding new Estes kits:
EST-0865 Mini Mean Machine Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 1) $14.99
EST-1250 Interceptor Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 2) (Re-Issue) $29.99
EST-1329 Multi-Roc Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 3) $22.99
EST-1969 Saturn V Model Rocket Kit w/Bonus (Skill Level 4) $89.99
EST-7255 Little Joe I Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 3) $32.99
EST-7276 Checkmate 2-Stage Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 1) $12.99
EST-7277 Galaxy Glow Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level E2X) $14.99

They did not have info yet on what months they would be released, although they expected to receive Little Joe 1's shortly, since Estes now shows them available. The info also confirms Dean Fox's #1969 for the Saturn V. The big surprise was the Interceptor, as that kit didn't make it to the 2018 catalog.

My local hobby shop showed me this info today regarding new Estes kits:
EST-0865 Mini Mean Machine Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 1) $14.99
EST-1250 Interceptor Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 2) (Re-Issue) $29.99
EST-1329 Multi-Roc Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 3) $22.99
EST-1969 Saturn V Model Rocket Kit w/Bonus (Skill Level 4) $89.99
EST-7255 Little Joe I Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 3) $32.99
EST-7276 Checkmate 2-Stage Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level 1) $12.99
EST-7277 Galaxy Glow Model Rocket Kit (Skill Level E2X) $14.99

They did not have info yet on what months they would be released, although they expected to receive Little Joe 1's shortly, since Estes now shows them available. The info also confirms Dean Fox's #1969 for the Saturn V. The big surprise was the Interceptor, as that kit didn't make it to the 2018 catalog.
You have a local hobby shop?

Did you go for a ride in Roy’s Delorean and go back to the future?

Gonna have to search up some of those "alternate history" Interceptor decal sets. The Canadian ones looked pretty cool.

Yahoo! I love the Interceptor! I am looking forward to getting one again! I also hope they release the larger E version. They fly great on the F-24. Or they can add some nose weight and put a 29mm mount in it. Call it a pro-series ultimate builder and let them rip on G64's .....which I have seen done many times with guys who modified the old ones. I even seen one go on a G76 but it was more like artillery. The F40 or G64 was better.......but I tend to ramble on....wow that's is great news about the release of this and other kits.!

Say John!!
How about bringing back the Voyager II and the other spin-offs/versions of interceptors? I can't remember the names....not saying the Voyager II was an interceptor spin off but there were other "......... Interceptors" that were cool...but I can't remember the names of. Anyway......good times man.

When Estes re-releases the Interceptor, I'm going to play it safe and buy 3 kits. Same for the "E".

It would be nice if they would sell the nose cones for standard and E versions. I can think of a lot of scratch designs which would "pop" a bit more with those nose cones.

The black "X-plane" Accur8 skins look awesome too.

A few years ago I was just fiddling around with some graphics programs and came up with some good college sports decal versions: a University of Michigan maize and blue version that looked like the Navy Blue Angels, an Ohio State scarlet/ gray mix, a Notre Dame gold/blue, etc etc.

You could do the same thing with pro sports team color schemes. A NY Yankees version would probably look incredible but putting pinstripes on the whole body would be a real chore.

The rocket itself is awesome looking, you can give it almost unlimited different color schemes.

Looking forward to the re-release of the Mini Mean Machine. Built one in the 80s and would like to fly another one.

It would be nice if they would sell the nose cones for standard and E versions. I can think of a lot of scratch designs which would "pop" a bit more with those nose cones.

The nose cone isn't super hard to replicate - the overall shape is a straight cone with a cockpit add-on piece having all planar surfaces. The gunport scoops and panel lines are the only other details to worry about. You can straight-up print it, or go old school and turn/buy a balsa cone and glass on a balsa or basswood or printed cockpit, resin the whole thing and cut in the details.

C121164D-48A4-4D22-8E77-19F18AEE01CB.jpeg 7FCEEBD7-3809-4846-857D-5595D2D484A1.jpeg

I flew my Interceptor-E at NARAM-60 on an F24W reload. Great flight. I have 7 more of them, and a few less of the standard 1250 models (in a moment of weakness I gave a couple away. :rolleyes:). Why so many? I never had an original. When they came out about 10 years ago I stocked up. :D

The Interceptor was my BAR rocket. The first one I built upon my return to the hobby a few years back. I had one as a kid too, back in the 70s

Hey "Trident"
Would you be interested in selling one of your interceptor kits? Maybe one of the E versions? or the regular version?.....no harm in asking....I hope.
Andrew

Back