Estes hydrogen powered rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by rstaff3
I'm glad to hear it is progressing. True 'rocket' or not, I want one :)

Same here. I want one to take apart and figure out how to adapt it to my own designs.

One could make fuel much easier with bleach and hydrogen peroxide and then create a spark gap with a grill lighter.

I tossed around the idea of making my own hydrogen generator, but decided I'd stick with the Estes toy. Less messy/stinky/dangerous (maybe).

I wonder how this thing expels its parachute or streamer? some kinda spring loaded thingy ? anybody know?

Originally posted by shockwaveriderz
I wonder how this thing expels its parachute or streamer? some kinda spring loaded thingy ? anybody know?

The 2004 Estes catalog states "Bounce recovery", probably the same leading edge technology the stomp rockets use.

Bill

It's both! comes with 2 rockets, one is bounce recovery, and one is helocopter recovery.

Glenn

I'm very dubious about this whole thing - it appears to me to be more of a cannon than a rocket, which I am sure is an idea which will very shortly occur to some of our leading juvenile delinquents.

Using it beyonds its specs and intended use is certainly an issue. Still, if Estes releases it I'll buy one (I guess I've said this enough in this thread, sorry)

Back