Estes Historical Collectors for memorabilia

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kirk G

Reaction score
Hi guys,
It's been a few years, but I'm still around.

Recently, I scored a home-made launcher and a set of five cardboard Cox motor packages with 11 motors and some Centuri starters in an original paper envelope. The date codes on the motors are from 1969 and 1971, leading me to think that this is the age of all the elements of this lot. (I'm keeping the homemade launcher.)

I'd like to see the motors and/or boxes and the envelope of starters go to a good home..... meaning, a collector of old motors or parts, or a museum. I cannot vouch for how the motors have been stored over the last 50 years, but there is no reason to think they have been anywhere other than the original owner's dry basement for decades.

Can you suggest any links, forums, or individuals that I should contact for these items to find the appropriate home? Museum or historical displays move to the front of the line, please. Thank you.

Well, there's me... but I don't have a way of exhibiting them for others to see.

FYI, I attempted the same thing with a cache of motors that were very old and unusual (to me at least). There is a thread over on YORF about it. The bottom line is that I was unable to find any museum that would take them, including the museum of flight. I ended up passing them along to another member who said he would document them with pictures and them find them good homes and/or launch them at research launches.

I hope you have better luck than I did.

Sandy.

The text references a pdf to see what has been archived. I was unable to 'click here' where it indicated and I was unable to find the pdf on the website. If I'm just a knob and not looking in the right place, please let me know. I do think some of the other stuff I have been given to sort through could qualify, even though I gave up on the motors.

But, let's focus on the OP's request and hopefully help him relocate the motors to their next home, hopefully for lots of people to enjoy!

Sandy.

The text references a pdf to see what has been archived. I was unable to 'click here' where it indicated and I was unable to find the pdf on the website. If I'm just a knob and not looking in the right place, please let me know. I do think some of the other stuff I have been given to sort through could qualify, even though I gave up on the motors.

But, let's focus on the OP's request and hopefully help him relocate the motors to their next home, hopefully for lots of people to enjoy!

Sandy.
In reality if I had those motors I would just build some basic 3 & 4 fins and a nose cone rockets and launch them using those motors.

Back