Estes "guardian"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steward

Reaction score

Just grabbed an ESTES GUARDIAN...with my 40 percent coupon from the mail...got it at MICHAELS for about 6 bucks...!!!

I grabbed a Guardian kit about a week ago, but haven't started it yet. I am doing a kevlar/mylar recovery. My Michael's coupon went towards a Fat Boy yesterday :D (Building up my fleet again!

We'll see how they turn out when finished, lol.

- Jason

Originally posted by jawa
I grabbed a Guardian kit about a week ago, but haven't started it yet. I am doing a kevlar/mylar recovery. My Michael's coupon went towards a Fat Boy yesterday :D (Building up my fleet again!

We'll see how they turn out when finished, lol.

- Jason

You're not wasting any time are you Jason? :D

Alright TRFers, time to egg it on! LOL! Jason just joined us this weekend out at our local launch.

Jason, Walmarts (and SuperWM) carry the new "Enduring Freedom" kits also. Check out the new "Cluster Bomb" rocket. Pretty beefy and a nice size. Only $8.88!

Hey Steward, now that you started a thread on your Guardian you'll have to post pictures of your build, paint, and launch process!

Absolutely cool...but I must warn you...it's in line with several others...just finishing up the "VENUS PROBE", and helping the kid with his "WIZZARD" and new "BIG BERTHA" (24mm)...Patience is the hardest part with a nine year old...

Here's my Guardian... Meesa had extra black and red...:D :D :D

Jason

I managed to get hold of two guardian kits with damaged tubes so im going to use the transitions as boattails(like on the estes blackbrant):)

Mr. Dent, That sounds like a great idea. I had a BBII a few years ago and got to launch it once on a D12-7, I think thats about as high as I've ever gone. I saw the speck all the way up, and even saw the chute deploy. But for some reason it never came down, lol. Must have drifted over a mile...

For Tampa people, this was at the old TTRA field in Zephyrhills.

It was a nice rocket...

-Jason

The Estes Guardian is a super flyer! It was one of the first kits I built when I rediscovered this great hobby earlier this year & had a good dozen flights on it before it suffered a tragic death :( It always provided me with plenty of exciting flights on B6-4s & C6-5s. I'd like to buy another but I've been challenging myself with other designs and/or kits (like CD spool rockets & my BSD Thor).

If I had one bad mark on the Guardian, it's that the main BT had an amazingly large groove in the tube. Of course I didn't fill it in before painting it because I built it before I found TRF...:eek:

I know a secret...SANTA is bring another "GUARDIAN" to my house...(for the kid!!!)...HO HO HO.....LOL

Steward, a family can never have too many "Guardians"

have a great Christmas and may many rockets be found under the tree. :)

Well...the "KID" found a new "GUARDIAN" under the tree this morning...After a minute or two he looked at me and said " Dad..I was with you when you bought this...What's going on?"
I looked surprised and asked him what he was talking about...
"Santa didn't bring this"...He looked really confused...
I then sent him to my worktable in the bedroom, and a second later he was back, holding my "GUARDIAN"..."WOW!! This is Really mine"...holding the new one as well....
I'm afraid that these kind of moments won't last too much longer...but it was fun...LOL

The Guardian was my first rocket and by far my best to date(although my dad thinks his Echostar leaves it for dead!!).

yes, rocketing is a real family afair in my household.... including my mum who loves to see the beauties fly.

the guardian in my opinion is the most reliable rocket i have flown. it has flown 5 times and each flight has been flawless.

there is one thing that i can rely on........ my Guardian will always come home.

my Guardian is a real workhorse now boasting a few scratches as momentos from all the flights it has handled with ease. :D

i painted my Guardian differently aswell(i'm a student not a master painter!! lol).

Great picture Blackbird...!!!
My son is almost finished with his...and he's bugging me to get mine done...he wants to drag race them...LOL
I'm thrilled to death that my son is as interested in rocketry as I am...makes flying so much more fun...!!!
Thanks again for the reply...Fly straight and fly high...!!!

Steward (and son)

Back