Estes Goblin $14 shipped

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdooley

Reaction score

Attachments

• Estes Goblin AMZ Mar2023.jpg
    Estes Goblin AMZ Mar2023.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered three on 3/22 with combined shipping of $5.25. Arrived 3/25 perfect condition and 3 to 5 days earlier than estimated. Came to about $11.25 ea. Legit deal with no Amazon retraction like the Red Max issue some have experienced.

Fudd

Ordered three on 3/22 with combined shipping of $5.25. Arrived 3/25 perfect condition and 3 to 5 days earlier than estimated. Came to about $11.25 ea. Legit deal with no Amazon retraction like the Red Max issue some have experienced.

Fudd
I also ordered two…on Mar 19. Received Mar 24.

My fingers are crossed for Der Big Red Max to drop back to $21 so I can snag another one or two. I ordered a few last year and gave them as gifts.

I have too many Goblins. Couldn't resist the $4 Hobby Lobby blowout a couple years ago!

The day of saving money on AC supply is gone.
I knew they had lowered their % discount recently, but they still usually beat everyone else, even Estes when they ran their 25% off sale. Just logged in and checked my saved cart, looks like on 4/1 they switched over to straight MSRP, the total went up by over $100! This is terrible for engine prices, but it's just going to make getting a laser cutter a better value.

Quick question. How well does streamer recovery work with this rocket? Streamers adequate or should I put a chute in it?

Quick question. How well does streamer recovery work with this rocket? Streamers adequate or should I put a chute in it?
My son's Goblin descended just fine on it's streamer. But it did strip a fin (with 2 layers of BT) on the way up.... :(

Edit: Just ordered 2 kits. One for spare parts, my son's Goblin and one for a future Vander-Burn mod :p

Last edited:
From what I've seen on Youtube and read here, it needs a parachute. From some of the comments, I think 9" is minimum, but 12" might work too. The problem is you want a fast descent rate given how high it can go on 24mm engines.

I'm currently building a Goblin clone and it might get a 12" parachute, depending on how heavy it is. I tend to build heavy, with extra paint and a removable baffle. But I'm building my Goblin to run off of 18mm engines, so maybe the weight will even out and I can get by with a 9" parachute. It also won't get that high, so I might be able to get away with an oversized parachute.

parachute or not depends on the landing surface too. anything hard prob needs a chute.
but If the model isn't pristine I'd opt for streamer. rather CA a fin back on than risk losing the whole thing

What pdooley said. I always fly my Goblins with a streamer, and always on a D12-7. Very unlikely I'd get them back on a chute.

I checked my stock and found only 3 unbuilt kits left, and a salvaged NC from a Semroc kit. Then, I noticed the seller also has Little Joe I kits for half original retail. Spreading the 5.25 across a few kits is almost like free shipping.

Shoot, there goes my iron will. :oops:

Last edited:
Back