Estes gives you the chance to bring one rocket back. What would it be?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Citizen Baslim

Never fly without your goat
Reaction score
I saw my first rocket at a second hand store...a Saturn 1B that stood up to my 6-year old chest. I was never able to fly it but it's THE rocket that is the reason I fly today. My first build was the Wizard (better paint scheme then) followed by my second favorite Estes rocket, the Space Shuttle. I stickered my first Shuttle as the Discovery...like the one I have today. Bring back the Saturn 1B and the Space Shuttle.

Woody's Workshop

Reaction score
Starship Enterprise, Klingon Battle Cruiser, Saturn 1b, Titan IIIc, Gemini, Mercury Atlas, Trident, Solar Sailer, all the Goonies, Gemini DC (rear ejection).
I guess that would be enough for now.
Deciding on just one, I'd put the Titan IIIc at the top.

Uncle Toby

Reaction score
Estes gives you the chance to bring one rocket back. What would it be?

They just did...the Black Brant...my 1st rocket. Bought it at a Kay Bee toy store at a mall in 1987 when I was 13. I still remember choosing it because it used the most ginormous of all rocket motors...the mighty D. Well, that was as mighty as it got at my Kay Bee store. Anyway, i painted it in my school colors...red & gold. After many successful launches I made the mistake of firing it off just before sunset one summer evening & lost it in the red, yellow & orange sky...c'est la vie...

I think I'll build 2, one in box-art...the other red & gold.
Like it's full size father, you can always count on the Estes BB I. Musta built a half-dozen and don't recall a bad flight. If I lost them, that was on me!
And now that my floodgate's open, how about the Scout? A great flyer, probably due to a no-frills design and small, low-drag but deceptively efficient fins. AND, it's an overlooked historical icon of our first baby steps to orbit.

Last edited:

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score