Estes Fletcher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you accidentally posted two separate threads.

I'll take the other side of the argument and say stick with 13mm. A10s give it a nice zip up into the air, and you don't have to spend half an hour trying to find it again like with a B or a C

Looks like you accidentally posted two separate threads.

I'll take the other side of the argument and say stick with 13mm. A10s give it a nice zip up into the air, and you don't have to spend half an hour trying to find it again like with a B or a C

Maybe compromise and setup the model for 18mm and use an engine adaptor to fly 13mm?

Yeah ditch the 13mm mount, in my opinion. I can fly mine on A motors if I want, or crank up to C6-5 for a 1,000' shot. I also replaced the 6" parachute with a 9". I hate those 6" parachutes. I also have a D16-8 to try on it some time.

The ONLY answer is:
Build another one for 18mm and fly both!
I do this A LOT.
When I got kids around to retriever the rockets for me, they tend to go much higher.
When it's just me, I want to land right next to the launch pad.
Not cuz I'm lazy, I just can't walk very far anymore....

I built both ways. Haven’t flown one past a B yet. The B4m worked really nicely - but could have used a longer delay than the -3s I have.

I vote 18mm with the 13mm adapter option. More motor choices, especially longer delays. Streamer, Steamer, Streamer.

FWIW, it's nice to several full "A" options. The A10 really leaps off the pad.

1603122160987.png

(I don't think that the A8 graph is right, the last few data points appear to be missing)

Ok, build done, only question- add the 13mm motor mount or go sans for 18mm?View attachment 435337
Update:
First flight on an A8-3, nice and straight, but the 6” chute wasn’t cutting it. Changed it out to a steamer.

2nd on a B4-4, same as before, landed close to the launch pad w the streamer.

3rd on a C6-3, high, straight and a fitting sacrifice to the Tree Gods.

Overall, great rocket on an 18mm, and a continued reminder to me to “fly the field.”

Back