Estes Firecat Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
My Klingon vessel is drying so I decided to start on an easy build. This is the Firecat rocket from Estes and appears to use Centuri parts. The body tube is an ST-1010. The decal is a bright sun yellow and is in good condition.

asdfasd.jpg

The build was real easy and a nice break from the Klingon battleship. The balsa has been given 3 coats of balsa sealer and now I am waiting for the fillets to dry. Should have her primed tomorrow. The Klingon ship in the back ground will also be primed tomorrow. The Klingon ship has been a challenging but fun build. Once she is primed I will add those pictures as well.
DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

Very nice, Sciggs. Someday I may upscale that (the Firecat, not the Klingon ship).

That is a cool looking rocket. I have a nice BT-80 upscale drawn for it, should fly great.

This kit is done and ready for flight. This one took a bit longer since I used MM paints. In the last picture you can see the little spring on the launch rod that came with my Centuri launcher. Does anyone know where I can buy this type of spring just in case I loose this one?
DSC_0050-2.jpg

DSC_0049-2.jpg

DSC_0048-5.jpg

DSC_0047-1.jpg

DSC_0052-2.jpg

The build was real easy and a nice break from the Klingon battleship. The balsa has been given 3 coats of balsa sealer and now I am waiting for the fillets to dry. Should have her primed tomorrow. The Klingon ship in the back ground will also be primed tomorrow. The Klingon ship has been a challenging but fun build. Once she is primed I will add those pictures as well.
DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0151.jpg

I realize this is a very old post but if anyone could identify the 6 volt launcher shown in these photos, I would really appreciate it. And if you would know where I might find one or if anyone has one they would be willing to part with, that would be great. Thanks in advance, Les

I realize this is a very old post but if anyone could identify the 6 volt launcher shown in these photos, I would really appreciate it.

That is a Centuri POWR PAD from yesteryear, the red portion can rotate via a wingnut to angle the rod into the wind, not sure if that was part of the original kit, or an optional add-on.
73cen00a.jpg

That is a Centuri POWR PAD from yesteryear, the red portion can rotate via a wingnut to angle the rod into the wind, not sure if that was part of the original kit, or an optional add-on.
73cen00a.jpg

That's awesome!!!

Love a good SCIGS30 build thread resurrection. I'm guessing you'll have to part with a little more than $5.50 to get a Powr Pad now, IF you find can one on offer !
<edit> This one sold back in August, any TRFer pick this up ? https://www.ebay.com/itm/CENTURI-PO...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That might have been me!

https://modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com/2014/07/ebay-score.html

I got the starter set with the launcher and the Screaming Eagle kit.

Does anyone know where I can buy this type of spring just in case I loose this one?[/QUOTE said:
The other day was going through the 2nd post in the "Waterin Hole", "Rocket Resources" and through all the venders getting them added my favorites again.
While doing so, I looked over each vendor somewhat. I did see one of them, can't remember which :confused2:[ but one of them had them by 1's and 1/2 dozen I think. You'll have to search throuh the vendors, but they are available.

The other day was going through the 2nd post in the "Waterin Hole", "Rocket Resources" and through all the venders getting them added my favorites again.
While doing so, I looked over each vendor somewhat. I did see one of them, can't remember which :confused2:[ but one of them had them by 1's and 1/2 dozen I think. You'll have to search throuh the vendors, but they are available.

Again - That's me!
Those are RAISE springs from Odd'l Rockets.

small-Raise-Spring-Photo.jpg

These are a little different than the old Centuri adjustment springs.
The Centuri springs were wheel axle retainers used on R/C planes.
My Raise springs are made for me and specialized for launch rods.
I add the brass tube so they won't get caught up on the engine hook.

They are available from JonRocket.com
https://www.jonrocket.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65&sort=20a&page=3
and
ApogeeRockets.com
https://www.apogeerockets.com/Oddl_Rockets

Back