• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Fin Alignment Guide

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigRiJoe

Reaction score
I'm not talking the one currently available. I'm looking for the one that required the use of clothespins (I think) to secure the fins while drrying

The gray plastic one where the rocket stands upright on the guide, and you clip the fins onto the guide?

They are available on eBay from time to time. I have one that was given to me, and it works wonders.

The gray plastic one where the rocket stands upright on the guide, and you clip the fins onto the guide?

They are available on eBay from time to time. I have one that was given to me, and it works wonders.

Yep,that's the one.it DOES work wonders!

I'm not talking the one currently available. I'm looking for the one that required the use of clothespins (I think) to secure the fins while drrying

It had some grey, flat-clips to hold the fins on but those were usually lost in the first week so you had to go with clothespins. I actually still have all of mine, a minor miracle, but then, I also kept nearly all my rocket instructions dating back to the Wac Corporal I built in 1978, yikes!
I also modified my guide so I can "sink" the rocket in by making a spot for the engine mount clip to go down. I also put two alignment panels together one on top of the other to allow for gluing the fins higher on the tube.

I picked one up on ebay and was disappointed to see that it only supported two fin thicknesses....1/8th and 3/32th inches

Back