Estes Exoskell 24 mm Conversion

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaneKG

Reaction score
Here is my attempt at a Exoskell upgrade to 24 mm. I used a BT20 around the motor tube on the lower section. TTW fins of basswood. They are 200% the original. I copied the fins with a color copier and put over the basswood. I learned that 8 copies of one side does not work. Four copies of each side will work.

I can't vouch for any stability, but is close to a Venus probe conversion I saw on EMRR.

Greg

looks great:)
I've never seen a pic of one of those fly, make sure you get pics of the launch:)

LaneKG,

Do you think it will fly better than it does stock? Maybe I should say I hope it does. My son has one and has one flight. If I have my way it will be its only flight. One of the worst flights I have ever seen. I wouldn't give you .50 for the stock model.

Good luck with the upscale version..........Larry

Larry,

Our local NAR Club Prez, Mark Fisher, converted an Exoskell to 24mm and it was a perfect choice!!! The model is a dog with 18mm...the 24mm conversion is a must. His flew fantastic at NSL this year and he has used it for many a demo.

Carl

Originally posted by CTulanko
Larry,

Our local NAR Club Prez, Mark Fisher, converted an Exoskell to 24mm and it was a perfect choice!!! The model is a dog with 18mm...the 24mm conversion is a must. His flew fantastic at NSL this year and he has used it for many a demo.

Carl

Actually the stock Exoskell on a C6 is a perfect small field flyer. It Hits 200' - 300' feet and the "pod" usually recovers within a few hundred feet of the pad using the stock 18" inch chute. The kids love to chase after the alien!

Carl and scsager,

I'm not sure whats wrong with this one. It was calm, but the thing took off dang near sideways. Would it be possible to make a 24mm engine mount and add it to the bottom of the rocket? I'm willing to give it another go:) Larry

Hey scsager, Have you entered that great launch shot in emrr launcher contest? I think it is still on.

Back