Estes - Executioner (#1951) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Socknic

Reaction score
The Executioner is such an awesome rocket. I am currently building mine and will post it when it is complete. This is another gallery that shouldn't be absent from the index. So post you Executioner!

Last edited:
Welcome to the Estes Executioner (#1951) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Executioner (#1951) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Executioner: #1951

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Executioner (#1951) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Executioner Also known as:

NUMBER: #1951

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 38.5 in. (97.9 cm)
Diameter: 2.6 in. (66 cm)
Span:
Weight: 8.1 oz. (230 g)

Mfg. Description: Dominate the skies with the massive *E engine powered Executioner! Now this is what a rocket should look like - large and in charge! This giant is impossible to miss during flight with its huge 2.5 inch diameter body tube and over 36 inch length. It's no wonder this goliath needs D and *E engines to fly!

The Executioner has several features that make it easier to assemble and extremely durable when powered with D and *E rocket engines. First, we've provided a slotted main body tube for a perfect through-the-tube fin attachment and alignment of the laser cut birch wood fins. This style of fin assembly provides superior fin to body tube strength and exceptional stability during flight. This rocket kit also features a blow mold, aerodynamically streamlined nose cone for improved vertical performance. Flying this giant is just as much fun as building it. When loaded up with one of our powerful E engines, this huge model can reach altitudes of almost 600 feet. As an added feature, we've also included a ¼ in. x 36 in. rubber shock cord and a 24 inch preassembled parachute to ensure safe landings so you can recover this behemoth for more exciting, ear deafening launches. Pick up an Executioner today and be the talk of your rocket club with this awesome rocket!

The Executioner also includes an adapter that allows you to quickly convert from *E engine power to D engine power. (Estes 2011 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-executioner%201951-2002%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2002 Catalog
estes-executioner%201951-2003%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2003 Catalog
estes-executioner%201951-2004%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2004 Catalog
estes-executioner%201951-2005%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2005 Catalog

estes-executioner%201951-2006%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2006 Catalog
estes-executioner%201951-2007%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2007 Catalog
estes-executioner%201951-2008%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2008 Catalog
estes-executioner%201951-2010%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2010 Catalog

Face Card(s)

estes-executioner%201951-facecard%201.jpg
estes-executioner%201951-facecard%202.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
111.jpg222.jpg333.jpg444.jpgNot sure if this is the right place to post this. It seems like it is but yet surprisingly this area is empty and the Executioner is a pretty popular kit even though it isnt made anymore. The pictures show the results of the first kit I have altered from orginal kit. I did the following to mine: added a 29mm motor mount, added an aereapac screw on retainer, added a sunward products baffle, used Kevlar for shock cord to just beneath top of tube, added an eleastic cord to that, added in addtional centering ring and replaced the rest of the center rings with plywood rings. This was the first kit I used epoxy on and I was able to use a great wrap from Mark at Stickershock.:) I learned a lot of lessons building this kit. One of the bigger ones was follow Mark's directions- I didnt use the wet method for applying wrap. While it looks ok, it could have been better. Note that the result isnt a reflection on the great quality of Stickershocks products. His wrap was awesome- I just struggled with it trying to do the dry- method:bangpan:. I have launched this twice now ( drought had us grounded for a while). It flys straight as an arrow and you can hear it actually whistle on its way up. Great kit and an awesome flyer.

View attachment 94653View attachment 94654View attachment 94655View attachment 94656Not sure if this is the right place to post this. It seems like it is but yet surprisingly this area is empty and the Executioner is a pretty popular kit even though it isnt made anymore. The pictures show the results of the first kit I have altered from orginal kit. I did the following to mine: added a 29mm motor mount, added an aereapac screw on retainer, added a sunward products baffle, used Kevlar for shock cord to just beneath top of tube, added an eleastic cord to that, added in addtional centering ring and replaced the rest of the center rings with plywood rings. This was the first kit I used epoxy on and I was able to use a great wrap from Mark at Stickershock.:) I learned a lot of lessons building this kit. One of the bigger ones was follow Mark's directions- I didnt use the wet method for applying wrap. While it looks ok, it could have been better. Note that the result isnt a reflection on the great quality of Stickershocks products. His wrap was awesome- I just struggled with it trying to do the dry- method:bangpan:. I have launched this twice now ( drought had us grounded for a while). It flys straight as an arrow and you can hear it actually whistle on its way up. Great kit and an awesome flyer.

You got it right.

Thanks for the submission

View attachment 94653View attachment 94654View attachment 94655View attachment 94656Not sure if this is the right place to post this. It seems like it is but yet surprisingly this area is empty and the Executioner is a pretty popular kit even though it isnt made anymore. The pictures show the results of the first kit I have altered from orginal kit. I did the following to mine: added a 29mm motor mount, added an aereapac screw on retainer, added a sunward products baffle, used Kevlar for shock cord to just beneath top of tube, added an eleastic cord to that, added in addtional centering ring and replaced the rest of the center rings with plywood rings. This was the first kit I used epoxy on and I was able to use a great wrap from Mark at Stickershock.:) I learned a lot of lessons building this kit. One of the bigger ones was follow Mark's directions- I didnt use the wet method for applying wrap. While it looks ok, it could have been better. Note that the result isnt a reflection on the great quality of Stickershocks products. His wrap was awesome- I just struggled with it trying to do the dry- method:bangpan:. I have launched this twice now ( drought had us grounded for a while). It flys straight as an arrow and you can hear it actually whistle on its way up. Great kit and an awesome flyer.

That's a great liftoff shot Russ! I need to get building on another one of these, though the curse of my first one has me apprehensive.

I now have two Executioner's, one built from the kit earlier this year, and one scratch built this month. They both have 29mm MMT's and cold air baffles, kevlar and nomex in the recovery system with the first one built zipperless and the second one deploys the parachute from the top.
Here is the first kit built rocket:
012.jpg

The second one is waiting for me to get up the nerve to apply a Stickershock wrap, my first attempt.... I will post up pictures when it's done.

I was very happy with this Executioner, upgraded with 29mm MMT AeroPack Baffle and Kevlar.

This Rocket has flown at G Harry Stein, Plaster Blaster and Fiesta Island events. Best flight so far G53J drilled to 8 seconds, straight up and out of sight. Has mostly flown on F35s - just reordered some more with Wildman today.

Also flew on a F120 V-Max : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apYLKLlB7tk - Thanks to Initiator001 for the countdown !

Middle pic is when first finished, left is after I tried to fly with no forward o-ring in the E16W and it did this nice roman candle thing, and the right is after the upper tube was removed , replaced and repainted - right before the V-Max flight. Had to lose the baffle but using a nomex blanket instead.

Now is kinda the workhorse, try to fly it at every launch. :fly:

Kenny

2011-10-15 18.28.00.jpg

2012-02-26 17.16.11.jpg

2012-03-24 10.05.27.jpg

Last edited:
This kit is apparently discontinued, but I ordered it from a site that seems to have it in inventory. I can't wait for it to get here! I'm looking forward to building and flying this rocket!

IMG_2092.jpg
As you can tell I went with the factory paint scheme and its built to the instructions, I just ordered a new one (Flea Bay) for $29.99!! Planning on doing something crazy with the paint scheme on that one, and upgrading to 29mm, zipperless, w Kevlar, and baffle system.

I'm a bit surprised this thread isn't more active considering the popularity of this kit. In any case, I'm just about finished my Executioner, just need to clear-coat, rig the parachute, and attach the rail buttons. I wasn't a big fan of the stock paint scheme, so I came up with my own with a little help from my wife's CriCut. Apart from the chrome stripes on the fins, everything was masked and painted. I did keep a minor homage to the default scheme on the fins though.

It's a bit on the heavy side, with a Top Flight parachute and nomex protector, but the sims on an E12-4 seem promising, and will likely be the motor I go with for the first flight. I omitted the engine block ring inside the motor mount; the 24mm retainer will suffice for securing motors.

Attachments

• 20200819_153016.jpg
    20200819_153016.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 37
It's a bit on the heavy side, with a Top Flight parachute and nomex protector, but the sims on an E12-4 seem promising

Does that sim include a CATO % possibility for E12? Love(d) my executioner ... some pics from previous launches.. and one from this weekend. I had many great flights, but this weekend it looks like there was just too much pressure and the boiler finally gave out.

Edit: Kudos to Jim Wilkerson for the fabulous flight pic (Tahoma Photography)

2020_Summer_skies-110.jpg IMG_20191010_174146263.jpg 120272216_3933588686670562_4459029851524989965_o.jpg IMG_0284.jpg

Executioner pic from the last launch. This was a great build and a somewhat challenging paint job. I deviated somewhat but kept the basic idea. I didn't do the yellow pin stripes as I didn't care for them. The only stock decal used was the name. Everything else was cut from vinyl.

In this pic it's getting ready to go up on an E12-4

1.jpg

Here is my Executioner:

My first mid-powered rocket (Estes Executioner), modified with a 29mm motor mount and stuffer tube, and plywood centering rings, plus a removable kevlar shock cord. Paint is Testors Revving red Extreme lacquer (was a bit darker than I expected, but I suspect it'll look better out in the sun). No decals.

DSC02422.JPG

Here is mine, built stock but with my own paint job. So far has only launched on D12 motors but I have an E12 waiting for it.Executioner.jpg

Latest posts

Back