Estes ESAM. 58

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Nokes

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm building the Estes ESAM 58 and the rest small fins are offset from the main fins, so in effect between the main fins but back further. Will it do any harm to put them in line with the main fins so it looks more like a SAM.
Thank you

Hello all

I'm building the Estes ESAM 58 and the rest small fins are offset from the main fins, so in effect between the main fins but back further. Will it do any harm to put them in line with the main fins so it looks more like a SAM.
Thank you
Use a sim and check... (It's a quarter to four in the morning here in China. So, I'm to sleepy to be able to do it myself for you).

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/kteshs-openrocket-files.123564/post-1931489

I left off the small fins entirely. I do railbuttons, and with the small fins staggered there was no way a rail would fit. Then thought "I don't like the small fins anyway..."

I left off the small fins entirely. I do railbuttons, and with the small fins staggered there was no way a rail would fit. Then thought "I don't like the small fins anyway..."
I have one built stock, then I built another one with the small fins and tail cone left off and the main fins moved almost all the way to the back.

Latest posts

Back