Estes E9

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Does anyone have a rocksim 5 file for the Estes E motors ?
Thanks
Karl

Karl,

Is the Estes E9 available in the UK now??

sandman

Nope :mad: :( I just wanted to know how high a Blue Ninja & Big Daddy would go on a E .
-Karl

Here's an ENG file with Estes data for all their motors. I got this from KCAR (Kansas City Association of Rocketry).

Even if you have the Apogee ESTES.ENG file, you should replace it with this one, because the original Apogee motor data for Estes has several errors in it (for example, it has the E9 with a higher peak thrust than the D12).

The KCAR file contains the actual NAR certification data for Estes motors, so it's about as accurate as you can get.

To install the data, remember you have to re-run the engine compiler (simply copying it into the your data directory won't work). Just select this file instead of Apogee's ESTES.ENG file when compiling the files.

I recommend keeping this file with its present name, rather than renaming to ESTES.ENG. Why? Because if/when you upgrade, Apogee's installer will overwrite it with their own ESTES.ENG file again. I found this out when I upgraded to version 7.

Thanks ! That was just what I was looking for!:D
-Karl

Originally posted by Karl
Nope :mad: :( I just wanted to know how high a Blue Ninja & Big Daddy would go on a E .
-Karl

My Blue Ninja (modified to take the "E"s) went waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy up!;)

I'd have to say that flight was every bit of 400 meters.
The Blue Ninja is perfect for that motor!

Cool! I'd love to see my Blue Ninja go up on a E9 , it rips of the pad just on D12 power! :eek:
-Karl

The Blue Ninja and the Big Daddy don't "rip" off the pad with an E9 motor.

Instead your get a slow majestic loooong 2.5 sec burn...really neat!

Tell your UK higher ups to get the Estes E9 approved and over there. You'll love that motor!

Heck...you NEED that motor!:D

sandman

Originally posted by vjp
Here's an ENG file with Estes data for all their motors. I got this from KCAR (Kansas City Association of Rocketry).

Even if you have the Apogee ESTES.ENG file, you should replace it with this one, because the original Apogee motor data for Estes has several errors in it (for example, it has the E9 with a higher peak thrust than the D12).
Many thanks. I've found some significant differences in one design that's making me rethink it. Very handy.

Originally posted by Fore Check
Too bad I can't compile that file into the demo version.... :(
or print, or save designs, ot calculate optimal mass, etc. etc. There's lots of reasons to own the full version. It ain't cheap, but it's worth it. And you'll be supporting further development...

it's worth it to have my designs saved away on the computer instead of just in my head...

i'd sure like to see an *upscale*/*downscale* function!
:D

oh yeah...

the Estes E9...ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

Back