ESTES E9

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 32737

Reaction score
Anyone has any Rocket Sketch using a Estes E9? its my first time using the software and i am going to participate in a competition, so i was looking for someone who knows the program well and could help me

Check any E9 motors you have against the date codes on this list. If any of your motors have these date codes do NOT use them. They may fail and destroy your rocket.

1602211265295.png

I recently had 3 E9s from different packs blow the nozzle and the forward plug. The E9s were from the A 06 28 11, A 08 18 11 and A 09 02 xx batches. I also had a similar outcome with an E12 from the A 01 12 16 batch.

With regard to Rocket Sketch, are you referring to an OpenRocket or Rocksim simulation model file?

I recently had 3 E9s from different packs blow the nozzle and the forward plug. The E9s were from the A 06 28 11, A 08 18 11 and A 09 02 xx batches. I also had a similar outcome with an E12 from the A 01 12 16 batch.

With regard to Rocket Sketch, are you referring to an OpenRocket or Rocksim simulation model file?
open rocket, i forgot to say

Thank you for the tip, i am actually using an Estes one, so there will be no problem :)

Um, it's the Estes ones that had the problem. I don't think anyone else ever made an E9. Look at the date code printed on the motor case. If it matches one of the date codes in that list posted by Zeus-cat, do not use it. Estes E9's have a bad reputation.

Um, it's the Estes ones that had the problem. I don't think anyone else ever made an E9. Look at the date code printed on the motor case. If it matches one of the date codes in that list posted by Zeus-cat, do not use it. Estes E9's have a bad reputation.
i will take a look, thank you for the help

Frankly, I wouldn’t use any Estes E9 or E12 BP motors, they are very unreliable. You could try the Aerotech E18 composite motor. It is 24 mm.

What exactly do you want to know about OpenRocket?

Frankly, I wouldn’t use any Estes E9 or E12 BP motors, they are very unreliable. You could try the Aerotech E18 composite motor. It is 24 mm.

What exactly do you want to know about OpenRocket?
there were some features that i wasnt sure about, like the tube fin set, but i took a long look yesterday and managed to learn some things. If i have any doubts, i will make sure to ask for support, thank you for the help!

Back