Estes E9 and Econojet F21

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nearly lost my Executioner on an F21! It drifted over 1/2 mile, across a 10 foot deep irrigation trench and into a nearby cotton field! It took a long time to get it.

And that's with a large spill hole and some tape to reef the chute.

Originally posted by m85476585
I nearly lost my Executioner on an F21! It drifted over 1/2 mile, across a 10 foot deep irrigation trench and into a nearby cotton field! It took a long time to get it.

And that's with a large spill hole and some tape to reef the chute.

This morning I flew my Eliminator on an F21. Went to nearly the other side of the cotton field on an 8" nylon chute.

Just recently I flew my Executioner on both motors you stated. It did great on the E9 but it rocked on the F21!! You'll have fun with both. I used the 4 second delay on the E9 and the 8 second on the F21. The E9 shot was about perfect, but the F21-8 was too long of a delay. However I was shooting in a pretty good wind and was arcing the shot quite a bit so that might have something to do with it.

Here's a pic of Ex' on the F21.

Barry
Would you use the F21 again on up coming flights?

You have responded to a 16yr old thread, and that poster has not been active for some time. Also unless im mistaken, the F21 is out of production.

Welcome to the forum, i hope you can find answers you're interested in

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here.

If you want to launch with a club, check out MDRA, SERVA, and Tripoli Central VA #26 (BattlePark). MDRA has a summer field at a sod farm while the BattlePark uses farm fields when the crops are out. All those places have lots of very helpful folks that can answer a lot of your questions.

You have responded to a 16yr old thread, and that poster has not been active for some time. Also unless im mistaken, the F21 is out of production.

Welcome to the forum, i hope you can find answers you're interested in

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here.

If you want to launch with a club, check out MDRA, SERVA, and Tripoli Central VA #26 (BattlePark). MDRA has a summer field at a sod farm while the BattlePark uses farm fields when the crops are out. All those places have lots of very helpful folks that can answer a lot of your questions.
Thank you for the info. Here is my custom built Arcon Hi 29mm.

Attachments

• IM003029.JPG
    IM003029.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 20
Back