Quantcast

Estes Doorknob

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Ez2cDave

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
When painted to scale paint job it is pretty. Just in general, folks really like the PS2 builder kits.

But yeah, it's 4FNC. Frankly, a *lot* of extremely popular rockets are just 3FNC or 4FNC, and are either popular because of their paint job (e.g. Red Max) or... other reasons. As soon as I find out what they are I'll let you know. :)
Try making the scale bolt, rivet, and panel line detail . . . Remember, this is a Scale model, not something to slap together, paint any old color scheme, and fly !

Dave F.

jbdetroit

Reaction score
It's a biggish kit (Pro-series II Lite) with a 29mm mount that has historical significance.

Should you get one? Only if you want one
I haven't launched it yet, but it is a great kit. It is fun to build.

I did not see a need to buy the separate motor mount from a different company since I always use Apogee component build standards, like G5000 resin, thin CA, and epoxy.

jbdetroit

Reaction score
Try making the scale bolt, rivet, and panel line detail . . . Remember, this is a Scale model, not something to slap together, paint any old color scheme, and fly !

Dave F.
Painting will be a challenge. I base coated it white. I am waiting for the decals to come from Estes. I think that they model after the blue and white version on the back of the box. If so, I hope the decals contain the large body strips.

DankMemes

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It’s a new estes pro series kit that resembles a builders kit rather than the E2X of the last few years so it’s piqued a lot of people’s interest, although in fairness I’ve been flying my E2X ps II kits hard lately

RocketT.Coyote

Reaction score
The local Hobby Lobby had the 29mm Estes motors recommended for this kit until recently. So I'll likely be flying mine on Aerotech E20-4 Econojets instead.

jbdetroit

Reaction score
I am going with the alternate color scheme and the Estes blue decals. It was a great build. The only deviation from the instructions was mounting the shock cord to the motor mount.

jbdetroit

Reaction score
I am going with the alternate color scheme and the Estes blue decals. It was a great build. The only deviation from the instructions was mounting the shock cord to the motor mount.
I apologize as I got the message above late. Please feel free to delete my post. I posted it on the build forum. I don't have a delete button to remove this post.