Estes DOM Starship Excalibur

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Id like to add my voice to the chorus and say that is an awesome looking rocket:)
Well done
Fred

Tony,

Is this the Rocket I saw @ CMASS 10/03/10?

Daniel

Aren't you the guy who...

Hi Tony,

I got a chance to match up the laser cut fins with the original fin pattern that I got from Estes. The fins are a little smaller than the pattern.

Does that agree with what you found with the patterns from Jim Z's website?

Even if it isn't exact, it's close enough for me, so I will build mine using the laser cut fins.

I also noticed what you said about the instructions from Jim Z's being difficult to read. I could scan my instructions but you probably don't need them now.

Last edited:
Hi Tony,

I got a chance to match up the laser cut fins with the original fin pattern that I got from Estes. The fins are a little smaller than the pattern.

Does that agree with what you found with the patterns from Jim Z's website?

Even if it isn't exact, it's close enough for me, so I will build mine using the laser cut fins.

I also noticed what you said about the instructions from Jim Z's being difficult to read. I could scan my instructions but you probably don't need them now.
Yeah that's what I got, the laser cut fins were a little smaller than the patterns. They were close enough for me too.

I don't need them but Scott Clement could use a better copy. If you want to scan them and print it out for him I'm sure he would be grateful. All he really needs is the one sheet of instructions, he has all the patterns.

just came over from Gary's upscale thread. Would also look good with a 1960s TWA logo on tail.

Back