Estes - Der Red Max (KC-2 or #0651) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6815901750_1d57f3e779_b.jpg
photostream

Here is the standard Estes kit with custom decals by Stickershock.

Thanks Mark!
a%3E

photostream

photostream

Last edited:
chadrog said:
Beautiful work! I envy those who can build small scale soooooo well. I dig your x-mas tree, too.:D

LOL Yeah, the xmas tree was a bit of fun :) And I'm having a ball building the kits!!

Krusty

I had to have some of stickershocks new Der max decals. And couldn't do them both standard size. So I build my first Upscale for my first vinyl. I love this vinyl stuff I may have to get a lot more. :)

The Dark Max is a standard kit with a dark red metallic. and the Black max is a bt-80 based upscale in metallic silver

Group shot
black max-0646.JPG

Black Max Detail
black max-0630.jpg

Dark Max
dark max-9972.jpg

Some Fun
Der Dark Max.jpg

6815901750_1d57f3e779_b.jpg
photostream

Here is the standard Estes kit with custom decals by Stickershock.

Thanks Mark!
a%3E

photostream

photostream

I had to have some of stickershocks new Der max decals. And couldn't do them both standard size. So I build my first Upscale for my first vinyl. I love this vinyl stuff I may have to get a lot more. :)

The Dark Max is a standard kit with a dark red metallic. and the Black max is a bt-80 based upscale in metallic silver

Group shot
View attachment 74862

Black Max Detail
View attachment 74863

Dark Max
View attachment 74864

Some Fun
View attachment 74865

VERY COOL on all 3 rockets!

Dan. I can custom make just about anything you want. the rebel was something we came up with from just a few suggestions from LW..

Right now there are 12 versions available on my website.. and I have 4 or 5 more to add if I ever get time.. :D

0032-1.jpg

Yet to be flown, but I'm hoping for a window of opportunity this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two-stage Mini-Max, upgraded with 18mm engine mounts. Shortly after taking these pics, I lost the upper stage flying it singe-stage on a C6-5. The 18mm mount is probably overkill. :confused2:

mini max 2.jpg

DSCN5455.jpg

Last edited:
my Der Red Max models,both fly great,love the design.
attachment.php

IMG_1519.jpg

Last edited:
I came into possession of a beat up Quark kit and decided to turn it into a Mini Mini Max. I just need to figure out what to do for decals now. :D IMG_5525.JPG

Tony Fragge's Der Biggest Red Max started off as an LOC Lil Nuke back in 2001. He dusted it off last weekend and flew it at the Tri-City Sky Busters Great Lakes Regional.

166.jpg

DRM MDRA (576x800).jpg Pay no attention to the geek holding the rocket...

Later!

--Coop

Just finished my Der Red Max. I modified it to fly on D and E motors. It has a Kevlar cord and a custom made by me parachute. The decals with this kit were bad, 50% of them would not come off and the ones that did required lots of work to get them to stay put. I'm still happy with how it came out.

Der Red Max by jiffycoil, on Flickr

Der Red Max Close up by jiffycoil, on Flickr

Here is my 4 inch, 38mm scatcher. Funnest part was making that nose cone.

Hey! Why have I never seen this at our launches?!? I'm a HUGE Der Red Max fan...have most of the parts in the workshop for a winter build of a 5.5", 54mm motor version.

Sorry Jeff, this one met it's demise before you joined our merry band of miscreants. Flew it several times on H motors, rebuilt it once after a forward closure failure. Finally met it's end when it came in ballistic due to an ejection charge failure. Looked like I let my powder get wet somehow, probably my own sweat. It was hella hot that day! good luck on your upscale, look forward to seeing that puppy!

Hey! Why have I never seen this at our launches?!? I'm a HUGE Der Red Max fan...have most of the parts in the workshop for a winter build of a 5.5", 54mm motor version.

Thrustline Der Big Red Max 24mm (TACL-025aa) Basic Information.

thrustline.gif
Thrustline Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Der Big Red Max 24mm Also known as:

NUMBER: TACL-025aa

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Upscale, Sport
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: Longer version with 24mm engine mount. (Thrustline 2008 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Thrustline Der Red Max (TACL-025) Basic Information.

thrustline.gif
Thrustline Aerospace

MODEL NAME: Der Red Max Also known as:

NUMBER: TACL-025

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport, Clone
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description:

Advertising Liveries

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Here's my latest conversion to a 18mm mount for the Mini Max. motor.jpgminimax.jpg Lots of great Max conversions in the thread.

Here is my first version on the Mini Max.Recovery.jpgBlue Max.jpg Lots of great versions of the Der Red Max on the forum, I like everyone's interpretation of a classic rocket.

Back