Estes Customer Service

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gldknght

Reaction score
I want to give a shout out to Estes Customer Service. I recently bought an Estes kit (the last of the type in the store). When I got it home, I noticed it had a badly deformed main body tube. I sent an email to Estes to inquire about how to replace the tube. Instead of giving me the run-around hassle so common these days, Estes replaced the entire kit, no questions asked.
The replacement kit showed up in my mail box about a week after I sent the email. Very impressive and very cool.

I also had a flattened body tube from a Vagabond I ordered a while ago. They sent me a new kit immediately. Glad to hear the new ownership still delivers on customer service.

bumpin this thread. i had an E12 CATO a few weeks ago. sent a message to estes about it with the lot code. didnt expect anything in return and forgot all about it. got an email today from mike fritz asking if i had been contacted and apologizing. theyre sending me a new pack of E12's.
im pretty impressed with their CS.

bumpin this thread. i had an E12 CATO a few weeks ago. sent a message to estes about it with the lot code. didnt expect anything in return and forgot all about it. got an email today from mike fritz asking if i had been contacted and apologizing. theyre sending me a new pack of E12's.
im pretty impressed with their CS.

It's good to hear things like this. So many times in our modern society, the response we get to reported problems is a "Thank you for your inquiry..." then nothing more.

Keep up the good work, Estes!!

They recently sent me a new Majestic kit to replace the one that was missing pieces from Hobby Lobby. Great company for sure.

Estes has hooked me up so many times ... their customer service is first-rate.

The last time I dealt with them was due to an E12 CATO. They were out of stock on E12's, so gave me a pick of anything of equal value. I found something I wanted that was a couple bucks cheaper and asked if they could toss in some stickers or something to make up the difference.

They sent me:
1. A mean machine kit (mine was damaged by the CATO)
2. A TAZZ kit (chosen as the replacement for the out of stock motors)
3. TWO rubber-powered gliders
4. A 24mm motor retainer set (two retainers) - I had modified my Mean Machine to use these.
5. A really cool Estes christmas tree ornament
6. Some Estes stickers, including a 60th anniversary one

I feel VERY well taken care of. :D

Estes customer service has always been great. Every time I’ve ever had an issue they’ve always gone above and beyond to fix. Glad to hear the trend continues under the new management.

I have dealt with Estes also with crumpled body tubes and such. Have never had any problem, just a quick email, and they send out a new kit. They are GREAT!

I've had good experience with Estes also. Had a crushed body tube from a PSII Nike-Smoke purchased from a different vendor - contacted them and forwarded a pdf of the receipt. They checked inventory (since it had been out of production for a while), and had a replacement tube in a week!

Dealt with Sandra in customer service past few times - very prompt in responding. Even asked if there will be other PSII offerings - she said things are in the works... Also, let them know they are doing a good (or bad) job.

Back