Estes Cosmos Mariner

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Can't seem to find this one anywhere. Did Estes officially can this one, or is it coming out with the rest of the X-series?

I notice it's not on their web site, but then again, neither's Spaceship One.

Yeah - last I heard both it and the Spaceship One are supposed to be released. At least, I sure hope so - the Cosmos Mariner is the one I really wanted - a D powered boost glider. You can see the preliminary sell sheet at Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe:

https://www.rocketshoppe.com/images/scoop_1.jpg

Greg

Any other confirmations or denials from our insiders?

Sorry I couldn't reply as soon as this was posted, but I've been dealing with 'real life' (bees in the attic, reconstruction of bathroom, etc.).

Both were on display at the HobbyVisions show in Las Vegas. There is some sort of delay on the D glider model and I did not probe to find out if it was a glitch in manufacturing or a design tweak or if the container fell off the ship in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

The SpaceShip One whould arrive in the next wave or the wave thereafter. It seems that items are arriving every 3 to 4 weeks. I said "seems" because I see what you see.

eMail the folks at eHobbies and ask them what they've heard. Then order them and get on the back order list which will make you get them shipped to you AS SOON as they arrive. If you wait, the exisitng orders will be filled first and if there are any left over they will then update the website to indicate "in stock".

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Thanks for the inputs . . .

I'll get my LHS to put one on order for me. I've only got two real hobby shops up here and I want to ensure they have a reason to stay open.

Originally posted by gpoehlein
Yeah - last I heard both it and the Spaceship One are supposed to be released. At least, I sure hope so - the Cosmos Mariner is the one I really wanted - a D powered boost glider. You can see the preliminary sell sheet at Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe:

https://www.rocketshoppe.com/images/scoop_1.jpg

Greg

Speaking of the new kits and boost gliders,,, how cool would it be to convert the SpaceShip One to a Boost Glider. That would be SWEET!

Back