Estes cobra

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m in the process of building the Estes cobra and I’ve run into a problem. I can’t seem to fit the wings on. The holes just aren’t lining up, and the glues dried so I can’t go back and make sure everything’s square. Any idea what I should do?IMG_1550619564.859272.jpg

Carefully trim off the dried glue from the tabs and slots with a hobby knife. Dry fit the parts and see how the tabs and slots line up. Some small adjustments might have to be made (sanding down some tabs, widening some slots, etc.). Once you get a good fit then use the glue.
As a general practice, it's a good idea to dry fit parts before gluing. We've all been there, part of the learning curve.
After assembly and before priming and painting, you may want to fill in the gaps in the slots with CWF or modeler's putty, like Squadron.
But that's up to you. Good luck!

Sorry, just had to force it in a little.
A bit of unasked for advice: you waited all of about 15mins between asking advice and forcing it.

I'm recommending any time you come to a crossroads like that, sleep on it before you go off-road.

Jacob-
No worries....it is safe to assume if you followed the directions, it should line up. From the photo, it does not look like you did anything wrong. "Forcing it a little" is an acceptable practice in many cases and I have done it many times myself. Just think it out as best you can prior to doing so. Remember there could be small negative consequences! But hey that is the fun of learning! Keep posting photos of your build....looks very interesting.
Andrew

A bit of unasked for advice: you waited all of about 15mins between asking advice and forcing it.

I'm recommending any time you come to a crossroads like that, sleep on it before you go off-road.

Is not going "off-road" part of the fun?.... :) ....Wowzers....rough crowd on these here forums!
Andrew

Last edited:
Back