Estes Cineroc housing/nose cone

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by DWonders, Feb 19, 2020.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Feb 19, 2020 #1

DWonders

DWonders

DWonders

Forum Supporter TRF Supporter

Does anyone currently make a replacement Cineroc housing/nose cone that mimics the original? I've always loved the Estes Omega with the Cineroc mounted on the nose. Not likely that I'll ever find an original Cineroc so thought maybe someone might have insights into a reasonable facsimile. Tried a search for a balsa nosecone and adapter but no joy.

2. Feb 19, 2020 #2
  3. Feb 19, 2020 #3

K'Tesh

K'Tesh

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris

The CinerocDV project I'm trying to get finished is an effort to create 3D printed parts that are compatible with the original camera as replacements, or can be used to create a digital camera version of the Cineroc.

I don't have time to post links... but if you search for CinerocDV, you'll find my threads on this topic.

4. Feb 19, 2020 #4

DWonders

DWonders

DWonders

Thanks Gents. Just placed an order for a Boyce Aerospace Cineroc Nosecone kit.

5. Feb 19, 2020 #5

jadebox

jadebox

jadebox

Roger Smith TRF Sponsor

Also, Semroc's Omega kit includes a "simulated Cineroc payload" which could be modified to carry a camera.

6. Feb 19, 2020 #6

K'Tesh

K'Tesh

K'Tesh

OpenRocket Chuck Norris

One thing to know about the BAH NC, it's "camera body" is thick walled, and is 3D printed. Thus it, and the other parts are not compatible with original (damaged) Cinerocs... Unless he's changed it. He does have a file for a compatible NC and Aft transition, but we've lost touch with each other, and didn't get the DV version finished. I've been told that the Astron Scrambler (K-37)'s Clear PST-65 was an exact match for the Cineroc's camera body... The new Green Eggs and Olympus feature the BT-65 body tube... However, I've not been able to test them against my original parts.

DWonders likes this.
  7. Feb 19, 2020 #7

DWonders

DWonders

DWonders

I'm only going for the look of the original Cineroc. And the BAH seems to look more prototypical than the balsa nose cone/shroud that comes in the Semroc Omega kit. Thank you all for the help. The Omega and Cineroc was always one of those kits I drooled over in the Estes catalog when I first got into model rocketry back in the early 70's. Just could never afford it and didn't have the room to launch any "D" powered birds.

8. Feb 19, 2020 #8

jadebox

jadebox

jadebox

Roger Smith TRF Sponsor

I bought an Omega/Cineroc when I was a kid. I placed it on layaway as I saved up the $30 to pay for it!

GlenP and DWonders like this.