Estes Bull Pup & Viking Kitbash with Outboards

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hnefi

Reaction score
Some of you may remember this thread I made right around this time last year: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?69077-24mm-Stretched-Estes-Bull-Pup-12D

Well, after a year of waiting for the right field and conditions, I put this bad boy up on a single-use Aerotech E15-7W. And it was the teleport to end all teleports... I wish I had a decent enough video to post but I literally lost it as soon as it ripped off the pad, only to be picked up again descending to the earth sans nose cone & streamer.... Came down in a nice tall cornfield.

Noticed today that I still have the stock 18mm MMT, centering rings, and BT-55 sitting around.... So I was thinking I'd kitbash a few old Viking kits together that I bought for my church youth group, using the Viking cardstock for fins and 3 outboard 18mm motors. ;)

Played around with OpenRocket for an hour this evening and couldn't find a way to get it to simulate outboards (and couldn't find anything here either), so I think I am going to just build the dang thing and do a swing test for stability. Should be a fun little 1 night build, standard 3FNC techniques with a bit of additional fun on the outside! Will post a few pictures as I get into it.

One thing I need is a NAME!!!!! I was thinking "Junkyard Wars" because it's just a mixture of old parts. Thoughts?

One thing I need is a NAME!!!!! I was thinking "Junkyard Wars" because it's just a mixture of old parts. Thoughts?

I have a rocket built from leftover/crashed rocket bits that I call Gary Gnu (from the Great Space Coaster). African folklore says the Gnu/Wildebeest was built from leftover parts.

Back