estes bull pup mod

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Reaction score
putting together a bullpup and was wondering about no engine hook. Thought about adding one but then thought about not glueing the boat tail in place and making sure it is a tight fiction fit. then I could tape the engine in place as opposed to just using tape for a friction fit. Seems to me it would be more reliable to friction fit the boat tail in place as opposed to the engine.

Any thoughts/experiences about adding engine hook (easy but not attractive) or friction fitting the boat tail so you can tape the motor in place

Thanks

Steve

I built my Bull Pup like the instructions say, and had the same concern you do about no motor hook. But all you need to do is wrap a layer of tape around the motor before you insert it so it fits tightly inside the motor mount tube. Adjust the amount of tape to get a good tight fit and it works like a charm.

thanks - have done that in the past on some old kits the first time around- just trying to think of improvements when I can. Also thought about modding the boat tail so it attaches via 1/4 turn internal bayonet lug type thingie but for this level of power i think friction would still be good

Steve

Yeah, I would just go with friction on this one. But save your bayonet idea for a larger rocket.

Don't worry about adding a hook. It's not needed and looks much better without.

Back