Estes Booster-55 / Booster-60 Instructions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockrwood

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone needs the instructions for the Estes Booster-55 and Booster-60 accessory items, see the attached PDF.

These are booster modules that screw onto the business end of certain out of production Estes rockets. The Estes part numbers are 2256 for the Booster-55 and 2257 for the Booster-60.

The booster modules can also be used as a nice fin can on a scratch built rocket, with just a little fiddling.

Attachments

• estes_booster-55_booster-60_instructions_2256_2257_scan_ocr.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Yea HL had them on Clearance for 99 cents one day for the PSII series. I picked up two and at the checkout the lady said This price cannot be right and our manger of that area is out on lunch. As I was on lunch I said ok put the them on the side and ask him if they are correct or not.

I came back later and they were all sold out , didn't care too much just wanted the extra plastic fins as spares for the other PSII kits that were in the Ascender Body Tube Size.

It is a great rocket, and I have two built and 3 in spare. Edit: one of the built ones is a little beat from lots of flights, one is still un flown.

I've built rockets from the Booster-55 and -60 kits. The fins are interchangeable, just the color is different. Will post up when my cheap-on-fleabay Tandem-X set comes in regarding whether the Amazon fins fit in these fin cans. Would be a fun and easy upgrade for the Amazon to use the Booster-55 can and run 24mm motors. Or whatever version of mix and match you want.

My PSII booster rocket is still in progress. Probably won't go the PSII route again, as it took sorting through two kits to come up with enough straight fin halves for three straight fins. That's no longer quite the super-cheap fin can it looks like. At 99 cents, I'd buy them all. At any current price I'm aware of, I think there are better options.

I've built rockets from the Booster-55 and -60 kits. The fins are interchangeable, just the color is different. Will post up when my cheap-on-fleabay Tandem-X set comes in regarding whether the Amazon fins fit in these fin cans. Would be a fun and easy upgrade for the Amazon to use the Booster-55 can and run 24mm motors. Or whatever version of mix and match you want.

My PSII booster rocket is still in progress. Probably won't go the PSII route again, as it took sorting through two kits to come up with enough straight fin halves for three straight fins. That's no longer quite the super-cheap fin can it looks like. At 99 cents, I'd buy them all. At any current price I'm aware of, I think there are better options.

The first Ascender I flew staged I used the Booster F15-0>F15-8.

With only a little wind on staging it went horizontal Cruz ... This was on an alfalfa farm with rural neighbors. My friend and I went on the Dirt Michigan roads and spotted the Chute in a front rural yard with the owner out in it.

We stopped and explained what this was in his yard ... He asked are you shooting these off near here? I said yea and told him where. He said OK I'm taking my Boy and go watch. We said Awesome.

Back