• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Estes BNC-60AH Nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to score an Estes BNC-60AH Nosecone. I am looking to compare it to the Semroc equivalent.

Thanks!
Jim

It starts out straight, then has a increasing tapper and the point is rounded quite a bit.
The one you sent me files on I was asking about little over a week ago.
If I had batteries for the camera I'd take a picture.
My old camera eats batteries, only get 10 to 12 picks out of a set of energizers AA's.

Sorry, but I'm having a problem with the description... Thus, my request for an actual sample. I'm hoping to compare it with a modern equivalent.

Did Estes even make a BNC-60AH? What kit used the BNC-60AH? All the Estes references I have only show a PNC-60AH.

Did Estes even make a BNC-60AH? What kit used the BNC-60AH? All the Estes references I have only show a PNC-60AH.
You need to dive deeper...

My first awareness of it comes from the 1970 Estes Catalog:

70est114.jpg

It may be in older catalogs, but this was where I *first* saw it.

K'Tesh,

From the 1975 Estes catalog at Ninfinger's, the exposed length is 7.25". (#45)
https://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/custom_estes/nosecone.html

From the erockets web page, the Semroc cone with the same designation is 6.6" long.
https://www.erockets.biz/semroc-balsa-nose-cone-bt-60-6-6-elliptical/

Who knew?

From the 1970 Catalog, the nosecone is listed as 6 5/8" (exposed) + 7/8" (shoulder). Making the overall length 7 1/2" long.

Now you might see why I want to get an authentic sample to measure from.

Oh, and FYI, the two piece, injection molded PNC-60AH is not the same length as the single piece, blow molded PNC-60AH. It's ever so slightly shorter (and much heavier).

Last edited:
You need to dive deeper...

I don't want/need this nose cone so I don't "need" to dive deeper. Accordingly, I looked at the references I have on hand.

You did answer my first question, i.e. Did Estes make this nose cone.

Do you have references that would answer my second question?
If you know what kits the nose cone was used in someone might have a kit in their build pile with this nose cone.

Oh, and FYI, the two piece, injection molded PNC-60AH is not the same length as the single piece, blow molded PNC-60AH. It's ever so slightly shorter (and much heavier).

My references show both of these nose cones and kits that used them. I could not locate a kit that included the BNC.

Here's another resource that you may not be aware of... However, it is a bit outdated, and surprisingly doesn't include the BNC-60AH equipped K-52P.
https://www.rocketshoppe.com/info/Estes_Nose_Cone_Reference_10.1.pdf

This is one of the references I have on my hard drive that I reviewed.

Have you looked at the BMS BNC 60-AH.? You might also find a drawing and specs for BMS version on BMS web. If specs are same as Estes specs it might be a close substitute.

Back