Estes Blue Sapphire Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Back_at_it

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have one from the kit that is ready for sealer. I'll have to post a completion picture when I get it done. Here's a construction shot taken right after the second fin assembly was put in place against the jig's platen.

A question for both of you: did you paint the fin we can't see on the face card blue or black? My current plan is blue.

IMG_6839.JPEG

Last edited:
The pic under "Rocket Finishing" in the instructions shows one fin with black paint and a black panel the fin is centered on.
But there is no canon that says you MUST paint it that way, right?
:D

Hmmm.........
If you don't glue the two part fins together and upscale to BT-55, you could have a nice two stager.
Not quite enough room for two motors if built stock.
0508230529[1].jpg

Mine had her maiden flight this weekend on a B6-4. Weathercocked a little more than I was expecting, but still a decent 313 ft flight per my JL1.

Attachments

• IMG_0353.jpeg
    IMG_0353.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 3
Sounds good. Mine flew Saturday as well, only on an A8-3. It went to just under 140 feet per the FS Mini. That projected maximum altitude of 1200 feet on a C6-7 on the face card is rather optimistic. A Q-Jet D16 might get it to 1200 feet.

IMG_6845.jpeg

Back