Estes - Big Dawg (#2151) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KHamel

Reaction score
Here is mine, I could not leave well enough alone and put a 24mm motor mount in it. The white stripes are electrical tape.

BigDawg3.jpg

BigDawg4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, man, I'd forgotten about that kit!

I bought two and did something radical with them . . . made them a two-stager.

The upper stage was more or less stock, but the rear centering ring was recessed.

The lower stage had a short body with a boat tail. The boat tail didn't go all the way down to the motor mount tube, but to a BT-50.

I had to notch the coupler that joined the stages, so it would fit around the TTW fins. There was a gap between the motors, so I bored a couple of vent holes.

I flew it a few times. Worked nicely as I recall.

I put the kit into a fundraising auction when getting ready for a move. Now I regret it.

Funny we bought two as well, got them online for real cheap. I found a couple of pics of it, it is stock.

03f45709.jpg

697325df.jpg

I found a kit in my closet! I have a few unfinished builds that I'm working on right now so the BD will have to wait a bit.

Some retailer or other was selling them really cheap.

I seem to recall that the kit had a decal of a anthro dog on a skateboard. Am I just imagining that?

EstesBigDawg.jpg

EstesBigDawgonpad.jpg

Treed it right after the second pic was taken, but I have three more.:D

Estes - Big Dawg (#2151) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes - Big Dawg (#2151) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Big Dawg: #2151

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Big Dawg (#2151) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Big Dawg Also known as:

NUMBER: #2151

Introduced: 1998
Final Year: 2000
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 12.8"
Diameter: 1.33"
Span:
Weight: 1.6 oz

Mfg. Description: This bulldog of a rocket has a slotted body tube for precise fin alignment and strong fin/tube joints. It comes with cool junkyard dog looking self-adhesive decals and die cut fins. It's built tough to keep flying over and over. A fun sport flyer that soars over 700 feet high! (Estes 1998 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-big%20dawg%202151-1998%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1998 Catalog

Face Card(s)

estes-big%20dawg%202151-facecard%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back