Estes big daddy 29mm build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice build and good build thread! That should be a fun rocket to fly. Cutting off the sloping shoulder on the NC and using the bulkhead will give you a lot more room in the chute compartment. That’s a great improvement.

thanks …
It was fun to build almost done.
Should be cool to fly ….

Nice build and good build thread! That should be a fun rocket to fly. Cutting off the sloping shoulder on the NC and using the bulkhead will give you a lot more room in the chute compartment. That’s a great improvement.

still thinking about that but definitely looking to start on F motors and if all goes well will move up from there
But looking to have a smaller F motor for my local club launches that will accommodate the field size and then hopefully bump it to G motors when I am at bigger field locations

What motors are you thinking about?

Got nose cone weight added with a wood dowel through the NC to help hold the weight

also got the bulk head epoxied into the shoulder of the nose cone aft end
Scuffed up the inside the best I could to help the epoxy adhere. The shoulder lip on the NC also locks it in nice

B36B24F0-7950-4849-8032-55A4B9DC7BED.jpegD4CB53DC-825E-4E18-8715-B2732A4A5C59.jpeg714EC881-AAAF-418C-AE5E-C4B5E0BAD54B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks appreciate that
Your right I can’t wait either to see this fly
Should be cool ….

how far along are yours ? Almost ready to fly ?

That thing looks great!! I cannot wait to finish mine and fly them. They look like a ton of fun.

Hi Adam, may I just ask what type/brand of epoxy you did for fillets?
Amazing build, love it !
Thanks appreciate that
For this rocket I used BSI epoxy
(Bob smith) I believe it was the 15 minuet cure. I tend to use BSI 5 minuet or 15 minuet cure for most of my builds. I also like rocket poxy.

Back