Estes - Big Daddy (#2162) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a CATO that burned the upper few inches of the body tube I decided it was time for a rebuild. After cutting off about 3 inches of burned tube, I added a 7.25 inch section of tubing so the total length grew by 4.25 inches. After priming, sanding, and repainting we now have the Boom Daddy.

BD_Rebuild_3.jpgBD_Rebuild_6.jpgBD_Rebuild_18.jpg

IMG_4768_CROP.jpg

And the extended motor tube into the nose cone to eliminate the need for wadding.
Which also ensures that the nose cone separates completely, and a greatly extended shock cord due to the overly energetic ejection charges.

IMG_4771_Crop.jpg

Yes that is an "Estes dent" on the motor tube.

View attachment 613632

And the extended motor tube into the nose cone to eliminate the need for wadding.
Which also ensures that the nose cone separates completely, and a greatly extended shock cord due to the overly energetic ejection charges.

View attachment 613633

Yes that is an "Estes dent" on the motor tube.
A MMT that goes into the nose cone...very clever.

How long have you been doing that and are there any signs of damage to the nose cone from the heat? Or maybe you have something inside the nose cone to protect the plastic?

A MMT that goes into the nose cone...very clever.

How long have you been doing that and are there any signs of damage to the nose cone from the heat? Or maybe you have something inside the nose cone to protect the plastic?
Just a couple of launches so far.
I did mix a batch of epoxy and line the inside of the nose cone.

Back