Estes Beta Launch Vehicle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comet79

Reaction score
I want to show you some photos of my recently completed Estes Beta Launch Vehicle (#2054). I bought the kit one month ago on ebay and it was a really good choice. It comes with a transparent fin unit (similar to the one used for the Gemini Titan/Titan II), a display engine nozzle and waterslide decals. As far as I know the nose cone was also used for the Estes Recruiter?

betalaunchvehicle 002.jpg

betalaunchvehicle 005.jpg

betalaunchvehicle 007.jpg

Very nice! I built one a while back. I found the hardest task was to find khaki paint. Somehow my clear plastic fin unit was lost (before the build) but I was able to get a replacement in black. I painted it silver to match the body tube. Don't waste your time with an A8-3. You could throw it higher yourself.

Very nice! I built one a while back. I found the hardest task was to find khaki paint. Somehow my clear plastic fin unit was lost (before the build) but I was able to get a replacement in black. I painted it silver to match the body tube. Don't waste your time with an A8-3. You could throw it higher yourself.

Oh, for me it was difficult to find olive drab paint. :) I decided to paint the nose cone flat black grey. What motor would you recommend?

Oh, for me it was difficult to find olive drab paint. :) I decided to paint the nose cone flat black grey. What motor would you recommend?

You can use the Krylon Italian Olive color; used it for the finish of my recently
built Noris 1/60 scale Vostok and it looks pretty good. :)

Attachments

• Noris Vostok Model Build 009.jpg
    Noris Vostok Model Build 009.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 31
Should you damage or otherwise have occasion to not fly the Bata Launch Vehicle model any more the clear fin unit and base ring are great for use on finless Scale BT-60 size models Vangurard and Atlas in particular.
Some time ago I scarffed up a bunch of Bata Kits for the fin units and BT-60's. Makes a great places to start a scale subject.
Hope this helps

139a4-sm_Merc-Atlas_3pic pg (120dpi)_05-30-93.jpg

I used Testor's Master Modeler's Olive Drab.

Back