Estes - (Astron) Delta (K-16 or #1216) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
Welcome to the Estes (Astron) Delta (K-16 or #1216) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes (Astron) Delta (K-16 or #1216) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Delta: K-16 or #1216

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes (Astron) Delta (K-16 or #1216) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Delta Also known as: Astron Delta

NUMBER: K-16 or #1216

Introduced: 1965
Final Year: 1973
Designer:

Type: 2 Stage, Payload (designed to carry Cameroc capsule)
Motor Mount: 1x18mm/1x18mm
Recovery: Tumble/Parachute
Stages: 2
Length: 13.6" (without capsule)
Diameter: 1"
Span:
Weight: 1.45 oz (without capsule)

Mfg. Description: Reliable workhorse booster for payload research. The Astron Delta accommodates all BT-50 size payload sections. May be flown either as a single or two stage vehicle, features advanced stage coupling for top dependability. Kit is complete with all parts and easy-to-follow instructions (nose section and engines not included). (Estes 1966 Catalog)

=====

1967 Catalog text identical to 1966 Catalog
1968 Catalog text identical to 1966 Catalog

=====

Reliable workhorse booster for payload research. The Astron Delta accommodates all BT-50 size payload sections. For use with the nose cone or payload section of your choice. May be flown either as a single or two stage vehicle, features advanced stage coupling for top dependability. Kit is complete with all parts and easy-to-follow instructions (nose section and engines not included). (Estes 1969 Catalog)

=====

Reliable workhorse booster for payload research. The Astron Delta accommodates all BT-50 size payload sections. For use with the nose cone or payload section of your choice. Fly either single or 2 stage. Features advanced stage coupling for top dependability. Kit is complete with all parts (except nose section and engines), easy-to-follow instructions, and technical report TR-2. (Estes 1970 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-delta%20k16-1966%20cat.jpg
1966 Catalog
estes-delta%20k16-1967%20cat.jpg
1967 Catalog
estes-delta%20k16-1968%20cat.jpg
1968 Catalog

estes-delta%20k16-1969%20cat.jpg
1969 Catalog
estes-delta%20k16-1970%20cat.jpg
1970 Catalog

Face Card(s)

estes-delta%20k16-face%201a.jpg
estes-delta%20k16-face%202.jpg
estes-delta%20k16-face%203.jpg
estes-delta%20k16-face%204.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-delta%20k16-instr%201.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
I had a yellow painted Delta to launch my Camroc and it flew great. Got a bunch of good (self developed) ariel photos from my Camroc and loved them both. Good flying combination (never flew it two stage, I don't think).

Not sure if I still have any photos or any of those big round inch and a half negatives, but I sure remember the thrill of developing the film and seeing there was an actual image on the negative! I worked in a darkroom back then and could enlarge them to rather large sizes. I remember one late afternoon shot that captured the shadows coming off the gravestones from the church yard cemetery that was adjacent to the flying field (Mclwaine School and the adjoining Baptist Church. Birmingham, AL). Wish I still had that one.

Back