• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Estes Astro Launch Controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Workshop

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I would prefer one in red with white wire insulation.
I have a pair of new battery clamps, and can always get new micro clips if needed.
The home made one I made years ago has no safety key.
Not that I need it, but the kids around the complex here should have one with a key.

let me look through some boxes. I think I have one of the ones that use 4 AA batteries. (and hopefully the batteries haven't ruined it...)

let me look through some boxes. I think I have one of the ones that use 4 AA batteries. (and hopefully the batteries haven't ruined it...)
I have 6 of those.
I need the one that has battery clips to hook to your car battery, and micro clips on the other end.
With a small box, key and button. One of the earliest ones.

You can easily convert an Estes controller. I was going to post pics of mine but the thread has pics.

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/launch-controllers.140095/#post-1687588

I used some old lamp cord and a couple of clips I had on hand so out of pocket cost was $0. I didn't replace the bulb. I just connected one lead to positive and one to negative.

I recently bought a 12V bulb off eBay for pennies because you do need a 12V bulb if you are using certain low current ignitors like Quest Q2 or CTI. With original Estes bulb and 12V power supply you can ignite these when checking continuity.

Last edited:
Back