Estes AscendeR 3 stage?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel621r

Reaction score
Been wanting to does this one:)
20161130_221138.jpg
Don't have rocket sims or any sim programs ( hopefully one day) to see how this will turn out, I remember the days when I had a Commanche 3
and have been wanting to do some multi stage, So as I was in the Local Hobbylobby saw the another booster and thought I would give it try... Any one else do an AscendeR as a 3 Stage? It's been rainy here for the last couple days so I can't get out an fly as soon as it clears (I'll try to post drone video) Any suggestions ?

I would be -very- concerned about the nose weight on that stack. Tape the psii boosters on and find the CG -with- all three motors in.

Further, weigh it. The 29mm Estes motors have trouble in the peak thrust department. I'm guessing all up 2ish pounds, and that's a 4ft 3/16" rod.

Finally, fly it once with your intended sustainer, then once as a two-stage, THEN the triple.

( I used a Mammoth for my top stage, but a tree ate it on its maiden flight so I never got to do the boosters )

I would be concerned that the Estes E16 or F15 would have enough thrust to boost the model safely.

I would be concerned that the Estes E16 or F15 would have enough thrust to boost the model safely.

I think it's true that the d12-0 has the highest peak thrust of any Estes BP, while weighing substantially less than the 29mm E/F.

d12-0/d12-0/f15-6 maybe? And a -really- long rod and no wind.

Back